Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark plugs for Mk2.5 1.8HE

mjt

Can anyone tell me the type number of spark plugs used on the 1.8HE engine. Neither my Haynes nor the Ford owners guide specifies it. I've done a quick search of this forum but can't find anything.

Also which would be the best make to go for and what is the torque figure for tightening them?

Thanks in anticipation.

12 nm, ford plugs are agfs 22 ipj

Thanks Ian. Would you advise going for genuine Ford items or could I get e.g Bosch or NGK?

get whatever plugs you like really, think there ngk that ford use nowadays in ford packaging, 

I extracted a plug which had a FoMoCo number 5MG5-12405-AA. Googled that and found an NGK TR6AP-13 which was also on the plug I'd taken out so you're probably right. I've also managed to find a Bosch Double Platinum 0 242 240 620.

The plug I took out looked pristine and the gap was still precisely 1.3mm even though I think they're original and the car's done a bit over 30K. It's going in for a service so may tell the garage to leave them a bit longer as it's running sweetly.

When I refitted it 12NM seemed barely more than finger tight so I nipped it up just a smidge tighter. I've since found the NGK and Bosch specs allow up to nearly 20NM in an alloy head.

Anyway thanks for the advice Ian.

yep, 12nm it should be, on my ecoobost its 13nm. as you say it doesnt seem enough, but even at that torque they dont come loose.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club