Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wheel width

b4zz

im in the market for a new set of alloys for my 2009 facelift focus. my current wheels are 17 by 7.5 wide and fill the arches great imo I have seen a nice set 17 by 7 wide.

but want to know if the 17 by 7 wide will fill the arches of my focus like the 7.5 wide will or will the 17 by 7 wide be tucked in the aches a little bit? hope my question makes sense.

if possible could people post up any pics of there car with 7.5 wide wheels on and 7 wide wheels on please so I could see my self.

cheers barry

It all comes down to offset, expressed as ET52 etc. This is a measurement in millimetres of how far from the centre line of the wheel the hub is. The lower the offset, the more the wheel sticks out from the arch.

If you go from 7.5J to 7J and the wheels have the same offset then the wheel will stick out by 1/4 of an inch less - 6mm. If you want the outside of the wheel to be in the same place you'll have to reduce the offset. This can be achieved by choosing wheels with a lower offset or using spacers.

I think the stock 7.5J wheels have an offset of ET52.

On my Fiesta I went from the stock 7J ET47.5 to aftermarket 7J ET38 - the wheels fill the arches better but don't stick out and look silly.

Hope that helps!

cheers for the reply fella and that helps a lot

• Like 1