Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk4 tdci service

bladeage

well,

serviced the new to me monde today, the sump plug took me over an hour of messing around to get it un-seized, I actually thought I was going to round the torx fitting out,so stuck with the 8mm hex key and ended up shocking it a few times both ways and it eventually cracked undone, defo not a job to be rushed if yours is seized come next service!

The car had the eml light on when I brought it and the code was for the DPF.

After changing the oil etc, I shimmied back a bit to take a look at the DPF and as expected,it was one of the two vacuum pipes that was not only perished but hanging free of the DPF altogether, another length of pipe later and all is good with the atmosphere once more :-) 

Whilst I am at this, is it at all worth cleaning the EGR valve, or blanking it even? I blanked my old tdci 1.8 mk3 at low-ish miles and it still runs perfectly at 150k so question is , is it something to do or leave it be?

cheers.....

21 hours ago, bladeage said:

well,

serviced the new to me monde today, the sump plug took me over an hour of messing around to get it un-seized, I actually thought I was going to round the torx fitting out,so stuck with the 8mm hex key and ended up shocking it a few times both ways and it eventually cracked undone, defo not a job to be rushed if yours is seized come next service!

The car had the eml light on when I brought it and the code was for the DPF.

After changing the oil etc, I shimmied back a bit to take a look at the DPF and as expected,it was one of the two vacuum pipes that was not only perished but hanging free of the DPF altogether, another length of pipe later and all is good with the atmosphere once more :-) 

Whilst I am at this, is it at all worth cleaning the EGR valve, or blanking it even? I blanked my old tdci 1.8 mk3 at low-ish miles and it still runs perfectly at 150k so question is , is it something to do or leave it be?

cheers.....

Did the final bit of the service this morning, fuel filter........couldn't start the car for over an hour due to air in the system, I had to physically hand pump (bulb type pump) for well over half an hour to get the air out.then decided to leave it alone for a bit to settle, off I went for another couple of minutes and the air vanished and it started pretty much straight away, having left it for half an hour I am gathering that with the filter being new that it doesn't soak thru with diesel for a while and probably holds air inside until it does...next time I do it I will pump for 5 minutes and leave for an hour or so to settle.

What pipe did you use for the DPF sensor pipes

46 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

What pipe did you use for the DPF sensor pipes

I used injector/fuel feed pipe....high temperature stuff, will check it in a week or so and see how it's holding up?

• Like 1

Thanks is that the 7mm silicone stuff?

9 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Thanks is that the 7mm silicone stuff?

yes, that's the stuff, it's a bit pricier than normal pipe (£7 per meter), it should have "fuel system" etc printed on it too.

• Like 1