Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus seems high

shaky0586

hi guys I only got this focus ghia 4 weeks ago ,i noticed yesterday or is it just me but it seem a bit high , as I drive around all day in my van I notice other focuses seen lower then mine

100_2468.JPG

Has it had new springs? Correct size wheels?

Wrong size tyre profile I reckon.

That doesn't look right though as you say!!

they are 17 inch wheels , the tyres are 205 50 R17

Wow, get it lowered or convert it into an off roader xD

• Like 1

what size tyres should they be  

8 minutes ago, shaky0586 said:

what size tyres should they be  

205 50 R17 are the right tyres. There's definitely something not right... it does have a bit of monster truck vibe!

• Like 1

Are you parked facing uphill?  No spare wheel/rear seats lol?  The low angle doesn't help but theres definitely something wrong at the back.  I never take side-on pics as they look high anyway but I have found just one out of my whole Focus folder lol.  Front looks pretty similar but not the back!

TWvY0oS.jpg

10 hours ago, shaky0586 said:

hi guys I only got this focus ghia 4 weeks ago ,i noticed yesterday or is it just me but it seem a bit high , as I drive around all day in my van I notice other focuses seen lower then mine

100_2468.JPG

Wow that does look high.

some Ford approved Eibach springs will drop the rear by 35mm you can purchase from Ford or eBay

I've had them fitted myself along with laser tracking alignment of the wheels to correct the camber after lowering. 

Overall cost including springs was around 400 GBP doesn't scrape on any road still not as low as the new mk3 focus but here's the difference and does increase a little mpg too. 

IMG_20130518_090126_zps3ee0e93d.jpg

IMG_20140906_152444_zpsbn3pzwm_edit_1414

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you parked facing uphill?  No spare wheel/rear seats lol?  The low angle doesn't help but theres definitely something wrong at the back.  I never take side-on pics as they look high anyway but I have found just one out of my whole Focus folder lol.  Front looks pretty similar but not the back!

TWvY0oS.jpg

i am going to take it to the garage a week Tuesday to do timing belt  so I will check it out , I like your wheels I might change mine for some of those

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shaky0586 said:

just been told that is normal its because I have gone from 16inch wheels to 17 inch

i was waiting for that one. lol

• Like 1

I know I thought that , how the hell can it be because I have changed the wheels , if I have put bigger wheels on surely it closes the gap

Oh, I missed the part where you'd changed the wheels lol.

Those wheels are actually smaller in circumference when you include the tyres!!

205/55/16 - 632mm diameter

205/45/17 - 616mm diameter

Either need to lower it, choose larger profile tyres or swap back to 16s to get it looking less like a monster truck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh, I missed the part where you'd changed the wheels lol.

Those wheels are actually smaller in circumference when you include the tyres!!

205/55/16 - 632mm diameter

205/45/17 - 616mm diameter

Either need to lower it, choose larger profile tyres or swap back to 16s to get it looking less like a monster truck.

got ya mate

tom, he has 205/50/17 not 205/45/17 so thats 636mm diameter. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

tom, he has 205/50/17 not 205/45/17 so thats 636mm diameter. lol

Fail... :whistling:  Not sure how I managed that, my bad!

I'm lost now then, it'll move the whole car higher off the floor by 2mm but that won't be noticeable.  Don't understand where the extra arch gap comes from?

Drugs are bad.... tell it to stop smoking weed...

Did the previous owner have a lot of heavy passengers? Maybe they changed things up so things wouldn't scrape the floor...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

Drugs are bad.... tell it to stop smoking weed...

Did the previous owner have a lot of heavy passengers? Maybe they changed things up so things wouldn't scrape the floor...

lol

have a look  at this guys , am I seeing things or has it gone down slowly in time if it has gone down , could it be the shockers are faulty holding it up after I changed the wheels 

100_2475.JPG

13680790_223564588039205_6966039864287623244_n.jpg

1 hour ago, shaky0586 said:

have a look  at this guys , am I seeing things or has it gone down slowly in time if it has gone down , could it be the shockers are faulty holding it up after I changed the wheels 

It certainly looks more like normal now... I've no ideas as to why!

the only thing I can think of is the shockers are worn and not as free as they should be so not going down as they should

I think it's dropped but it might be an illusion... the first picture you took of it sitting high, the inside of the arches are illuminated, so it's very obvious/pronounced... second picture no illumination, so looks like a less obvious gap.... but not 100% whether it's moved or not...

Haven't you driven it since changing the wheels?  Suspension will stick a bit high after being jacked up, should settle with a drive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club