Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear diffuser help

Mel90

Hey Guys,

So need to pick people's brains AGAIN! I have a 11 plate pre-facelift Zetec and was wondering if anyone had changed their diffuser on one of these as I'm having problems trying to find one for my shape! 

Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, Mel90 said:

Hey Guys,

So need to pick people's brains AGAIN! I have a 11 plate pre-facelift Zetec and was wondering if anyone had changed their diffuser on one of these as I'm having problems trying to find one for my shape! 

Thanks in advance! 

You mean this?

image.png

Or do you mean to an st one? 

You'll need diffuser. Plastic and spats as the pre face and post face spats differ

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not really keen on the one above I suppose I could get it wrapped so it doesn't have the nasty plastic look but I do prefer the ST one. What do you mean by spats? Do you mean the two little side panels thingys? :) 

Yeah those side bits

sketch-1468882492014.png

The pre face ones are a different shape to the facelifts. 

Fiesta-Mk7-Zetec-S-Frozen-White-2jpg.jpg

So to swap to the St diffuser you need the grey plastics. The actual diffuser and the spats

_35.jpg

That's brill thanks Supraking that's a massive help!! I think i've seen someone else buy all the parts for the diffuser from the ford eBay site so just need to get the panels aswell. 

• Like 1

Or you could just search eBay for a complete bumper. maybe in your colour. Buying all the bits new soon adds up. diffuser, both parts, £125, bumper extensions, £100, fitting is not straight forward so you'll have to pay to have them fitted, you'll hav to have them painted.

Once you have done all this you'll have to alter your exhaust tailpipe, or it will kook silly.

Easy if you are handy with tools and you know your way around a car, if not labour charges cost. Photo from eBay,

s-l225.jpg

Further to my last post. the price is £170 or best offer, located in Enfield, North London. Don't know where you are, no location.

Last year they had front and rear bumpers, complete with the side shirts, went for £68 on auction. Someone got a bargain.

for some you cant buy a bumper in the correct colour (love my colour), but for those that could well be the best way, if you can find one cheap enough

fitting is litterally a piece of wee

id probably say get new plastics from ford, as thats likely to be the cheapest way, then cost me £85 for the diffuser painting in a pearl (would be less for a normal colour)

DSC_5092.jpg

and without the exhaust it looks fine

• Like 2

Ok thanks for everyones help here Supraking that looks awesome just btw!! 

So in theory would this fit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-Rear-Bumper-Vallance-Diffuser-Set-1866724-1819019-/282048771954?hash=item41ab6ab772:g:joEAAOSwdG9XRYwH as it has the panels included.

My car is black so would be quite easy to get sprayed/wrapped anyway.

yup thats the job, seems abit excessive. you may be able to get it straight from ford cheaper. think the diffuser and plastic come to around 110, the spats cant be 90 quid surely?

thank you too :)

Okie dokie i'll have a look into it I've been made quite a decent offer on some alloys and tyres so this may have to wait now! 

I'd be keen to get one myself. It really does set off the rear end. About £190 painted and fitted from my local Ford dealer in Thailand. 

Just like you I didn't like the plastic look on the diffuser so I got mine colour coded 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club