Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Zetec: Ordered!

PistolPete

Evening all, very pleased to announce just ordered my Fiesta today and now feel more a part of the forum!

• Zetec 1.25L [3 Door]
  • Frozen White
  • City Pack
  • Bluetooth+USB
  • Privacy Glass
  • Auto Headlights
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Second Remote Ignition Key

:rolleyes:

The reason for my order:

3 weeks ago I was driving home from work (Renault Clio Grande RN 1149cc 1999), was waiting at a set of lights,they went green and I pulled away from the line, this fool in a Golf flew across the front of me and had obviously chanced his red light and I missed him but blasted the horn, no sooner had this happened and SMASH! Into the side of a Ford Ka went my car - she had also skipped the light. Everyone was ok so that was the good news.

My Clio: Category B Write off. BUT, a generous relative despite my protests and assurances that I could sort things myself offered to get me a new/nearly new car. Long story short, we went to dealers today and placed the order! I was very happy with my Clio, but am now humbled and over the moon at getting the Fiesta! Am now a believer in things happening for a reason!

Just thought I'd share... :huh:

Anyway I have a few questions which hopefully some of you more knowledgeable lads will have answers for:

1. Bluetooth+USB - is Voice Control included with bluetooth? Is it the button on the indicator stalk for VC?

1. Does the VC work well? I'm not too bothered by it but would like to hear some experiences of it - how is it for changing track etc answering calls?

Thanks,

Peter

Voice control I would say from my own experience is very reliable it recognises all commands easily. Even the things I have set up myself for the radio presets, playlists and dial numbers for the bluetooth phone work well in my 3dr Titanium from Jan 09. On ther other hand my neighbour who has a 5 door titanium from July 09 cannot get his VC to reliably operate it just gets the commands wrong most of the time. He thought it was his accent or tone of voice but in my car he has no problems and in his car I have the same problem as him so looks like there may be some variability in the microphones for pickup.

He has been off to the dealer for a check not sure what the outcome is at the moment.

It's a bit of a gimmick but when cruising on the motorway it is handy to be able to change radio station, switch to a USB device playlist or changing the temperature without fiddling about with the radio buttons.

You'll enjoy the 1.25 engine it surprised me after my experiences with 1.2 and 1.4 Corsa hire cars I wasn't expecting much. It's smooth and responsive I enjoyed the test drive I had in a 1.25 Style with the 82ps engine and would have bought one except the Titanium 1.4 turned up at the same car supermarket for only 300 pounds more and seemed to be an absolute bargain with less than 4000 miles on it The syle I was looking at had delivery miles only for £9,999.

enjoy ,you have got the best colour in frozen white , as for the voice control i find it works well but it is a bit of a gimic unless you use your phone a lot , which i dont while driving.

Thanks amarokuk/mitch84 -

amarokuk - Thanks for the feedback about the Voice Control - helpful to know - will be interesting to see how it copes with the Ulster accent! Sounds like you got a great deal on the Titanium - but maybe a bad batch your neighbour got? (mic, not car)

Anyway thanks again.

Peter

Thanks amarokuk/mitch84 -

amarokuk - Thanks for the feedback about the Voice Control - helpful to know - will be interesting to see how it copes with the Ulster accent! Sounds like you got a great deal on the Titanium - but maybe a bad batch your neighbour got? (mic, not car)

Anyway thanks again.

Peter

I find the voice control either doesn't like a woman's voice or a Scottish accent (or a mixture of both) It is a bit of a gimmick, but handy for phoning (even tho' I gave up after programming in 1 number!!!)

I have a 1.25 Zetec as well. Yes, I would prefer a bigger engine, but it's a lovely comfortable car and as most of my driving is in the city it is adequate. Also cruises along the motorway at 80 quite easily. Frozen White ..... great colour choice! :)

I find the voice control either doesn't like a woman's voice or a Scottish accent (or a mixture of both) It is a bit of a gimmick, but handy for phoning (even tho' I gave up after programming in 1 number!!!)

I have a 1.25 Zetec as well. Yes, I would prefer a bigger engine, but it's a lovely comfortable car and as most of my driving is in the city it is adequate. Also cruises along the motorway at 80 quite easily. Frozen White ..... great colour choice! :)

Yeah cheers Bashful - I have never liked cars in white until now- but (and particularly with Privacy Glass) the white with the new Fiesta looks awesome I reckon :D

Glad to hear that despite the smaller engine it is more than adequate - I travel along an 'A' road to work, but even at 0715, due the person at the front of the queue I'd imagine - the traffic only ever gets to 50 MPH tops if we're lucky!

I agree the VC sounds like a bit of a gimmick but I like gadgets and the like so it'll keep me amused if nothing else!

How's the economy on it? 40 - 45mpg? Or is that optimistic?!

Thanks,

Peter

Yeah cheers Bashful - I have never liked cars in white until now- but (and particularly with Privacy Glass) the white with the new Fiesta looks awesome I reckon :D

Glad to hear that despite the smaller engine it is more than adequate - I travel along an 'A' road to work, but even at 0715, due the person at the front of the queue I'd imagine - the traffic only ever gets to 50 MPH tops if we're lucky!

I agree the VC sounds like a bit of a gimmick but I like gadgets and the like so it'll keep me amused if nothing else!

How's the economy on it? 40 - 45mpg? Or is that optimistic?!

Thanks,

Peter

My mpg is quite rubbish actually and I haven't measured it properly. It's sitting at 34 at the moment. You may be luckier with your travels. Mine is mainly 30MPH stop start stop start. Only get a decent journey when work sends me out of town.

My mpg is quite rubbish actually and I haven't measured it properly. It's sitting at 34 at the moment. You may be luckier with your travels. Mine is mainly 30MPH stop start stop start. Only get a decent journey when work sends me out of town.

Ok well thanks for your help hopefully all will go well and I'll be happier with 40mpg but this is unlikely!

Regards,

Peter

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club