Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold breeze !?

russellf

Hi, as it is getting colder, the heater is being now being used...and it works very well.

However, I have noticed a cold breeze coming from the centre of the dash.

It is not the air vents!, but seems to be from the CD slot, and below the climate controls !!

Any one else noticed this?

Hi, as it is getting colder, the heater is being now being used...and it works very well.

It is not the air vents!, but seems to be from the CD slot, and below the climate controls !!

I also have the fresh air feeling from the facial vents although they are closed they do not seem to make an air tight seal

• 2 weeks later...

I too only notice it when I turn a corner etc :unsure: very strange?

i think it may be the wee vent next to wear the left knee is when driving ? i got a picture incase im unclear.. fiesta vent only thing i can think of <_<

I have noticed the same, seems to come from somewhere more central to me. Somewhere below the stereo and around those card slots. Just can't figure it out!

i think it may be the wee vent next to wear the left knee is when driving ? i got a picture incase im unclear.. fiesta vent only thing i can think of <_<

I believe behind that little vent there is a sensor to tell the heating system what the cabin temp is.

Maybe there is air coming through the bulkhead somewhere and presenting itself in that area, or possible air leak around the blower before it gets through to the heater matrix?

Im curious now, will have a feel later! :lol:

Piggy :)

Hi, thanks for all your comments.

There are quite a few places where the cold gets in, and it does seem to vary.... when turning corners or breaking !

The whole centre console always seems very cold, from the top down to the gear lever, and even where the steering wheel adjuster lever is, the cold air is getting in.

It seems that something is not sealed very well.

I will get it checked out, as the car is having it's three month check up next week !

Interestingly my last car a Renault Megane CC did this ALL the time, corners, roundabouts, when ever you were not in a straight line you could feel a cool breeze, haven't noticed this in the fiesta [Yet]

I did check this out and its definitely not a problem on my car, no air leaks at all. Maybe my car came out of a "good-batch". Absolutely no problems with mine, not a single thing since day one. Well, except for the squeaky rear seat bracket (common problem) and that brake pipe thing (recall issue). Plus its a 3-door so i dont have that nasty stone chip problem. 6 months and (nearly) 18,000 miles and its all good!

Really glad I haven't had any problems with my car. Yet..............

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club