Do Not Sell My Personal Information

service mk4 monde tdci

bladeage

well,

serviced the new to me monde today, the sump plug took me over an hour of messing around to get it un-seized, I actually thought I was going to round the torx fitting out,so stuck with the 8mm hex key and ended up shocking it a few times both ways and it eventually cracked undone, defo not a job to be rushed if yours is seized come next service!

The car had the eml light on when I brought it and the code was for the DPF.

After changing the oil etc, I shimmied back a bit to take a look at the DPF and as expected,it was one of the two vacuum pipes that was not only perished but hanging free of the DPF altogether, another length of pipe later and all is good with the atmosphere once more :-) 

Whilst I am at this, is it at all worth cleaning the EGR valve, or blanking it even? I blanked my old tdci 1.8 mk3 at low-ish miles and it still runs perfectly at 150 so question is , is it something to do or leave it be?

cheers.....

• 4 months later...

Always blank, if its a 1.8 that is, if its a 2 or 2.2 you are better off cleaning as it is electrically controlled and needs a logical delete from the ECU.