Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7-Second headlight gone

sussex

Hi all,

I have had my MK7 for a year and 2 days (!) and about 2 months ago a headlight went and a new one put in at the first service.

Today a second headlight has gone (a different one)

It is a year old and done 14k miles, just wondering is it acceptable or are the bulbs going prematurely?

As far as im aware the headlights are covered under warrenty and arnt xenon headlights suppost to last ages? I would get ford to have a look at them to make sure there isnt a fault.

Hey, Ive had my car for nearly a year on 25th november and ive had to change my headlight twice in both sides and again yesterday my drivers side went again.

The fault is down to a power issue which was fixed with a new alternator earlier this year, but now its going in for repair again to have another new one.

Get it checked out because when mine first went, i lost all power and had to be recoved by the aa and it blew nearly every bulb and fuse in the car.

Hope this helps!

As far as im aware the headlights are covered under warrenty and arnt xenon headlights suppost to last ages? I would get ford to have a look at them to make sure there isnt a fault.

Excuse my naivety, but Fiesta Mk 7 comes with Xenon bulbs?

I remember seeing a press shot on the website of the Squeeze Coloured Fiesta and it appears to be a set of Xenons but I thought they'd just done this to the image to make it look nicer for the website!

So they come with Xenon headlights? Or only certain models?

Excuse my naivety, but Fiesta Mk 7 comes with Xenon bulbs?

I remember seeing a press shot on the website of the Squeeze Coloured Fiesta and it appears to be a set of Xenons but I thought they'd just done this to the image to make it look nicer for the website!

So they come with Xenon headlights? Or only certain models?

They aren't Xenons (though they look like them, no UK Fiesta has them!) They're "projector headlights" fitted to the Zetec, Zetec S & (my) Titanium - recognisable as you can't see the dipped beam (outer) bulbs, just a spherical type lens where the bulbs would normally be. Which look similar to Xenon type lights (intentional I think!)

They aren't Xenons (though they look like them, no UK Fiesta has them!) They're "projector headlights" fitted to the Zetec, Zetec S & (my) Titanium - recognisable as you can't see the dipped beam (outer) bulbs, just a spherical type lens where the bulbs would normally be. Which look similar to Xenon type lights (intentional I think!)

Aren't Xenon's just projector units with different bulbs?

Aren't Xenon's just projector units with different bulbs?

Proper ZENONS are arc, or discharge lamps,with no filaments, and use low wattage, with the aid of a ballast unit;-- one per bulb. PIAA sell a voltage stabiliser to enhance bulb life. The EU regs. insist on auto-self-levelling motors on the lights, and auto-washers. A proper conversion done by a dealership, would be over a grand. A lot of people chance using the DIY kits, especially the 35W per bulb ones, and so long as you don't fit blue side-lights or get pulled over by police for some reason, you can actually pass the MoT, so long as the beams are properly aligned, and the boot is empty etc., so that the lights are still OK with the motor adjuster at zero.

Imitation Zenons are halogens basically, with advanced technology, using zenon gas, short hot running filaments, smallish quartz glass envelopes, and high gas pressure. They often apply a blue tint to the glass, but that just filters out the yellow, reducing the emitted light,but raising the whiteness, the "COLOUR TEMPERATURE". Going above 4300 deg kelvin seriously reduces the Lumens of light getting out, and gets you noticed because of increased blueness. Sunlight is about 5750 deg kelvin. Standard lamps are ~ 3200 deg kelvin. The Piaa headlamps that are E-marked top-out at 4000 deg kelvin, and their filtration is so extreme that Philips xtreme power, and Osram Night Breaker knock spots off them, for xtra light, for half the price, but they don't filter out the yellow end of the spectrum. ( running very hot should minimise their yelowness, anyway ).