Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'16 Fiesta ST-3 Sunstrip & Sensor Problem

Callump01

Hi guys, first post here at FOC and I'm needing a little help!

I went to have my custom Mountune sun-strip fitted earlier and the bloke told me that the sensors would be blocked at the top, I presumed that the strip wouldn't go down that far but he said there's three sensors by the looks of things though I could only spot a circular one pretty far down - how many sensors are there and where abouts are they located?

I'm a little worried that I may have blown 25 quid on the sunstrip if I can't have it fitted.

He did say it'd look really silly to cut out holes for the sensors so that's not an option as I see it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

I can only think of GPS and the rain sensor behind the mirror on the Fiesta.

GPS can be covered by something thin like a sunstrip as long as there is nothing metal in it to block the signals.

Rain sensor must be left uncovered to work though.

14 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I can only think of GPS and the rain sensor behind the mirror on the Fiesta.

GPS can be covered by something thin like a sunstrip as long as there is nothing metal in it to block the signals.

Rain sensor must be left uncovered to work though.

Perhaps that is the case? I did tell the guy that I thought the only sensor in the rear view mirror was the big circular one at the bottom that you can just about make out in the right light. Is the little bubble on the dashboard inside for the auto-headlights, then?

The wrap is made out of thin Vinyl, then I'll have big "Mountune Performance" text to put ontop of the sunstrip made out of the same material. I'm hoping it wont interfere with the GPS/Satnav.

Cheers

The light sensor is the little dome on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

The light sensor is the little dome on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen.

I thought it was to do with the automatic climate control? 

image.jpeg

Just now, E5GDM said:

I thought it was to do with the automatic climate control? 

image.jpeg

It is used for both afaik.

Please find below image of my ST...

http://i.imgur.com/iAdSM11.jpg

What's the 'sensor' marked in Red and does anyone know if it is okay to cover? I assume the blue one is the rain sensor.

Cheers

The sunstrip can't hit the auto wiper sensor surely because that would mean it was inside the wiper sweep? If it mounts from the inside then you would have to cut a hole to fit the mirror anyway?

It can't be city stop as it's not an option on the ST. But yeah blue circled one is auto wipers for sure. The light sensor for the mirror is in the back of the mirror itself. That only leaves the auto headlights and the GPS. Try covering the one circled in red with your hand and see if the lights turn on, simple :)

On 22 July 2016 at 0:07 AM, CREED said:

The sunstrip can't hit the auto wiper sensor surely because that would mean it was inside the wiper sweep? 

Surely it is in the wiper sweep? 

The autowipe sensor has to be within the sweep area or else the system wouldn't work properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Yeah exactly, if the sun strip is low enough to hit that sensor then it will be well within the wiper sweep. Surely it can't be that big?

• 2 months later...

A little unrelated but where is the best place to get a sunstrip fitted? I've read threads online that it's always best to go professional rather than DIY. I live in the West Midlands btw.

I think the little black dome on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen is a heat sensor.

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

I think the little black dome on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen is a heat sensor.

Sounds kind of right, I heard it controls how effective the A/C is depending on if the sun is out or not.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club