Do Not Sell My Personal Information

overheating issue

simonej

hi, i have a 2006 ka sport
after the car has been running for 5 minutes, the expansion bottle boils over yet the rad and lower hose are still cold
the heater only blows hot air even when its turned off
have replaced the thermostat, heater control valve and head gasket and now looking at the water pump

i have heard that there is a dodgy batch of heater control valves, is this the case? im not sure where to go from here as nothing is working at all 

any help is appreciated
thank you

1   i would open the breather to get rid of any air in the system first  you may have to do it a couple of times as it sound like you may have an air lock. see link   http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-bleed-air-from-your-cooling-system

2 check hoses are all getting warm if not repeat 1

3 the heater matrix located below heater control valve maybe blocked 

4 see vids below 

5 check the water pump has power to it if it has then perhaps replace it as it may have failed

see vids below as the fiesta will be pretty much the same as the ka

you can try running the car with the top loose on  the expansion bottle as that may well allow the water to go around the system and bleed out the airlock  but make sure you have water handy to fill it up and keep looking for air cumming out. dont overfill and dont allow to run dry and use gloves and glasses incase hot water escapes

4 hours ago, simonej said:

thank you, will try this today 

did you get it sorted ??

hi simonej did you get the water issue sorted and what was the cause ???

if you reply with your fix it does help others to sort their issues out

Nice try Delboy - maybe you should add a footer to your replies like mine lol

And maybe not - nothing seems to elicit a bit of common courtesy , makes you wonder why you bother eh!

• 2 weeks later...

i totally agree omendata. peeps want help but wont give feedback. i recon if they dont we should be able to score them so we can see if they are worth helping in the future and go onto remove them as they are parasites i recon.

Yeah too true Martin , I can see on the "Stumped" post you are getting a bit frustrated lol Gotta laugh otherwise !Removed! cry! but also when people post the results it can help people later on who might have the same issue and avoiding duplicate posts.
I mean how many times have you been asked the old thermostat problem or wateringress from blocked pollen filters ones?

Would be nice if problems could all be grouped into folders like:-

Heating/thermostat issues

Starting problems

Misfire problem

Water leak problem

Bodywork problems

All the common ones.

Good idea on removing the parasites but they would just create a new login so isnt much you can do unless you are a mod and can grab their ip address or their browser signature and ban them from that!