Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On-going A/C Problem, Dealer Refund?

TomGB

Bought my 2007 1.4 zetec climate on 12/08/2015 from a dealer. 

The car had some issues before hand, i said for the asking price(£3k) they had to be fixed like the aircon running hot, few seat clips and it was at 81,500 miles so a cambelt and waterpump was done. This was all noted on the order form/invoice. 

I think about a month after buying it the A/C wasn't working again so i took it back, they re-gassed it. It was okay for a short while then it went bad again, I can't remember if I took it 2 or 3 times in total but they said at the last visit the a/c was fine and it's "normal". I wasn't happy but didn't feel i could do anything so I left. The aircon now does nothing at all, no clutch click, no rev drop no sign of life. I paid £3000 for the car and was wondering if it's too late to do anything, the milage is at 90k now and out of warranty but this has been an ongoing issue since purchase.  The dealership is also far away and a pain to get to so i don't want them to monkey about with it anymore trying to "repair it".

I also don't know how to go about doing this, I'm sure they are professionals at wriggling out of situations like this.

It's far outside of your statutory right period and at this point there would be nothing to prove the dealer did anything wrong - so I'd recommend against spending time trying to get a refund. If you make it clear to the original dealer the issue existed at time of sale,  they might take a look at actually repairing it.  It sounds like theres a leak in the air con system recharge won't fix that.  Take it to the dealer,  or for faster resolution a garage you trust,  ask them to take a look

7 minutes ago, jbell said:

It's far outside of your statutory right period and at this point there would be nothing to prove the dealer did anything wrong - so I'd recommend against spending time trying to get a refund. It sounds like theres a leak in the air con system recharge won't fix that.  Take it to a garage you trust,  ask them to take a look

I told them it must be a leak and they said it was leak tested multiple times which is obviously bs. What is my statutory right period?

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-second-hand--car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights

not sure how accurate this site is but there is some info about it

About 60-90 days after sale off the top of my head - you can insist on repair,  replacement or refund of a defective car.  After the statutory right period the dealers obligations are legally over,  though some might voluntarily fix stuff after that. 

Edit: yeah worth reading up on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club