Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MP135

GaryPL

Hello all,

My first post which is hopefully the first of many, assuming I buy the car I am looking at!  Have been a regular forum user on FIATForum and occasional on CorsaD.

Anyway, I am looking at getting myself a 6-12 month old Fiesta with the EcoBoost 123 engine.  As part of this, I have also been looking at getting the Mountune 135 kit installed as it offers a modest boost in driving characteristics whilst preserving the comprehensive 2 year used Ford warranty that I'd be getting with the car.

The Mountune and Ford websites state that the MP135 is a model in its own right and therefore this can be declared to insurers.  However, I am unable to find it on the specification list.  So I put the vehicle down as having a 0-10% chip and non-standard air filter on a list of modifications.  But in doing so, the quotes just dried up with one coming back reasonably OK at £160 on top of the standard car policy, but the next nearest one was £1400 more.

I can't believe that the modest gains I'd achieve would affect it like this.  My old FIAT was remapped from 130bhp to 185bhp and it had nothing like the increase in price and availability!  Am I missing a trick with this?

Thanks for any thoughts and hopefully I will be a happy Ford customer in the near future! :)

@Willy - this is a question for you all day long 

First off, don't bother with the MP135. I had it on my car and didn't notice any difference. The problem you have is the MP135 is the ONLY warranty friendly map.

As for insurance I too had problems finding the mountune cars on comparison sites. You just have to ring around. Greenlight don't charge extra for Mountune remaps. 

Personally I'd not worry to much about your warranty and look at all the company's offering maps. Revo, Superchips, Mountune  (MR165) etc to start you off.

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks all for your replies.

Interesting comment about the Mountune product. Not seen someone outright criticise it, so will give it some extra thought.

I'll keep Adrian Flux in mind. Hope you guys are cheaper with a Fiesta than you were with my Fiat!

On a side note, I put in an offer on a Fiesta tonight. Will wait to see if it's accepted now! :-) 

Mountune provide some good stuff that is ford approved but I was so dissapointed with the MP135 on my 125ps Titanium. 

However, Mountune have since released there MR165 kit which I have to say is definitely worth considering 👍

I've been running the kit for 25k miles now and love it.

Offer to Ford Direct rejected and not even any willingness to negotiate a deal! They want asking price and that's that. They just offered me an extra £100 on the part exchange.

Never have I gone to a main dealer and been encountered with this before - only at car supermarkets.  I have bought a lot of cars over the years but I am now wondering whether I being naive?!

The person I am dealing with is very nice (and to her credit very patient), but a £12.5k drop on a 9 month old Fiesta is a big ask in my opinion!

Now i haven't got much love for Main Dealers & i'm not in the Trade but like you i have bought & sold quite a few cars over the years. Don't know the Trade or Retail value of your car but remember that Dealers have to find a profit from somewhere to survive,don't begrudge them the difference between what your car is worth now compared to when it was new just because you may have bought it new at full list price. For a realistic Trade value ask https://www.webuyanycar.com/ which is basically Auction value then look on eBay/Autotrader etc for a rough guide on their values & consider if you want to advertise it privately with all the associated timewasters. Not many 'Joe Public' want to give a complete stranger £x for a secondhand car with no come back :unsure:

The issue is not the trade in value. They have offered me a fair to good price. It's that they want £12,500 for a Titanium X. I can go out and get a similarly aged ST-3 for that. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club