Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's you MPG???

BenW

According to the car, I'm getting 27.4 mpg which has surprised me and disappointed me. Mind you, I've done 243 miles to date so I guess it may improve!

Could just need resetting see if it is a bit better. It's worth remembering that although cars strictly don't need running in they can take a few months and even thousands of miles to settle in. My previous car was a 1.3 Diesel Fiat punto combined MPG of 62 quoted however for the first few months I couldn't get it much above 50MPG no matter how a drove the thing. After about 6,000 miles maybe even a little more it started almost overnight to give 55-57MPG around town consistently and anything from 65 to 70MPG on a long run which it continued to do until I replaced it with the Fiesta.

Is that miles from new? My car was delivered with a really low MPG and it stayed low until I reset the trip and started again.

Yes, from new. I thought I'd wait until I'd done a full tank then reset it?

About 50mpg :( That's on a 1.6 TDCI half dual carriageway half town (time wise). Mind you there's less than 2000 on the clock is that why?

My trip computer says 45mpg but reality is 40mpg to about 12% out

Hey.

I already know this.

Just seemed easy to get a resonably accurate figure with my method.

Cheers.

Hope I didn't cause offence.

I agree that reasonably accurate is good enough; we're not flying shuttles to the moon, where there are no fuel stations, and every kg weight counts!

Oh nice1 greenymk7...... i have a 1.6 zetec s and it is currently sayinf 30.5 mpg... seems low??hmmmm is it probly because i only go to work and back wich is about 14 miles a day??? or do i have rest the trip dont understand how it works really.... thanks

Just journeyed to Leicester and back. Comp's average speed of about 56mph, Mostly motorway travel between 65 and (shhhh!) 90+. Trip comp says an average of 42.6mpg. 188 miles travelled, 164 apparently left in the tank means around 352 miles to the tank. Which I am fairly pleased with.

Calculated the actual MPG on our 1.6tdci today. On its third tank of fuel from new, it managed 50.2 mpg with 51.7 indicated on the computer. Not too bad really. Should improve with time i should think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club