Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Bulbs for Sidelights and DRLs

jonny_sniper93

Anyone put any in? Don't want to blind other drivers or melt the headlight plastic. Preferably not cheap eBay ones that will break every week.

I think most people on here will have upgraded the sidelights, but not sure how many have used LED Bulbs as there are some fairly decent ones you can get for decent prices (OSRAM and Phillips). I've had a look at upgrading to LED Bulbs for the DRL's but always been fairly sceptic as most of them are chinese so not sure on how good the quality is etc. I've seen quite a few people on facebook pages etc selling them so maybe have a look around! 

3 hours ago, causer said:

I think most people on here will have upgraded the sidelights, but not sure how many have used LED bulbs as there are some fairly decent ones you can get for decent prices (OSRAM and Phillips). I've had a look at upgrading to LED bulbs for the DRL's but always been fairly sceptic as most of them are chinese so not sure on how good the quality is etc. I've seen quite a few people on facebook pages etc selling them so maybe have a look around! 

Thanks! Yeah, I have the Osram sidelights currently and they are great but I was looking for something a bit brighter to take the yellow tinge out of the headlights (don't want to upgrade to HIDs). And I agree, I didn't fancy buying Chinese ones. 

I have the Non LED DRL lights on my Precious Zetec S and bought a set of Cheap LED side light bulbs on eBay, had to get ones that are Canbus so it doesn't trigger the car to think there are no bulbs in place.  A few pounds and never had any problems with them at all.  The problem with the DRL's is they are the same bulb as the Full beam.  Not sure now but at the time there was NO bulbs that you could upgrade to to give you either better DRL or Full beam performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ayrshiredude said:

had to get ones that are Canbus so it doesn't trigger the car to think there are no bulbs in place. 

I didn't think the Fiesta used CANBUS?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club