Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Painting alloy wheels?

abbieNX11

Just an enquiry as to if I would be better to have my alloys painted professionally or if it's easy enough to do myself? If so, how do I do it and can anyone recommend any products? I fancy havin them a dark grey rather as the standard, thanks in advance.

I had mine professionally done due to the correct drying and setting time. Didn't cost too bad tbh, I had it done before I collected the car 

I'd considered having mine done as well, but now I've kind of fallen in love with the alloys on the ST 200 so bit of a Dilemma

As nice as the ST 200 alloys are, they will look out of place on a standard looking Fiesta imo 

• Like 1

I have a Zetec s and thought the same but I grudge the money for a new set of alloys when the ones I have are fine I just want them darker in colour! How much would I be looking at to get them done professionally?

It depends on where in the country you are and have them done tbh. I'm in the wild west and charges are quite  high, whereas if you go more northern the prices decrease.  Ring around and get some quotes :smile: you should be looking around circa 200 for the whole car. 

Also don't forget when it's done insurers need to know, doesn't make any difference to the premium but it does count as a modification 

If you did them yourself using 'rattle cans' you've got to ensure every sprayed layer is wet flatted back slightly, so the surface stays flat, the top lacquer coats would have to be flatted back with a finer grade.... If you don't do this then the paint will uneven and brake dust & dirt will stick something rotten and will eventually be a swine to keep clean.

A helpful tip: To mask the tyre off buy a few packs of cheap playing cards, push the cards behind the rim & tyre working around the rim, mask off the rest of the tyre with a black bin bag.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club