Photo

Some dashboard lights staying on too long?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IMW

IMW

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: '06 Focus 2.0 Ghia Estate Auto

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

I've not had my Focus too long so I don't yet know all its foibles. Here's one though which I thought I'd ask about.

The other night I switched off the ignition and then switched off the headlamps (they were not on the Auto setting). After I had deadlocked the car I noticed that the dashboard light where, on an automatic, it shows the gear you are in and the mileage etc, and the info display for the radio were still lit but the "interior" lights were not. I waited two or three minutes for these lights to go off but they stayed lit. I checked the owner's manual and couldn't find anything that said this was normal operation. When I went back to the car about 10 minutes after I had locked it, the lights had gone out.

My question to you all is if this is the same on your Focus?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hillmangimp

hillmangimp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCI
Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hi,

I have a 2005 Focus and the dashboard display and radio lights do stay on. Not sure for how long though

#3 IMW

IMW

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: '06 Focus 2.0 Ghia Estate Auto

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

I have a 2005 Focus and the dashboard display and radio lights do stay on. Not sure for how long though

That's a relief.....I think! What on earth do you suppose is the logic behind these lights staying on?

Ian

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users