Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just had accident :(

Patrico777

Hi

just have been hit from back by one idiot I was giving way to double dec bus and he hit me in rear around 40-50mph I have only third prtt and theft insurance would I be covered for repairs it was hos fault here is picture of my car !

image.jpeg

Ouch. :(

I'm surprised there is not more damage if you think they were going that fast.....?

Crash bar behind bumper must be damaged for that speed, can you open boot? I'd check for creases in boot floor under carpet.

If they admit liability then their insurance should pay for repairs. If not then you're not covered for damage to your own car with 3rd party.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ouch. :(

I'm surprised there is not more damage if you think they were going that fast.....?

Crash bar behind bumper must be damaged for that speed, can you open boot? I'd check for creases in boot floor under carpet.

If they admit liability then their insurance should pay for repairs. If not then you're not covered for damage to your own car with 3rd party.

Yeah they must as it was his fault, yeah Im

suprised will my car be cat now ? Yes it is pushed in under carpet check

image ! Is it big problem

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wouldn't surprise me if that is going to be a write off :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if that is going to be a write off :(

So they going to pay me the amount I said that its worth write off that would kill me 44k miles one owner full ford history ! Omg

IF it gets written off they will pay you what they feel it is worth (market value).

Sometimes there is room for negotiation, as you only have 3rd party I don't know if you can get any help from your own insurer. Worth asking though, if they haven't told you already.

I assume you have reported it to your insurance?

• Like 1

Was there any witnesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

IF it gets written off they will pay you what they feel it is worth (market value).

Sometimes there is room for negotiation, as you only have 3rd party I don't know if you can get any help from your own insurer. Worth asking though, if they haven't told you already.

I assume you have reported it to your insurance?

Yes Im waiting for them to call me back so will report they said I need to get checked then call back but they busy so they going to call me back

Shouldnt really say this but 'where there is blame there's a claim lol' Replaced car and a holiday 

Seriously though apparently if you have a reported bash over £300 of damage,there are funds automatically set aside for compensation.You dont claim you lose,ask yourself if it was the other way round who would be claiming off you?

6 minutes ago, davyo said:

Shouldnt really say this but 'where there is blame there's a claim lol' Replaced car and a holiday 

Seriously though apparently if you have a reported bash over £300 of damage,there are funds automatically set aside for compensation.You dont claim you lose,ask yourself if it was the other way round who would be claiming off you?

I dont understand you?

7 minutes ago, davyo said:

This is why all our premiums keep going up. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yes such a stupid driver ! Saw him lin mirror speeding there was no where to go as bus was coming and cars prked on right hand side hopefully it will be sorted 

Usually if your rear ended the blame is with the other driver

• Like 1

Just now, chris23039 said:

Usually if your rear ended the blame is with the other driver

Yeah that right I know so hopefully they will value the car good its on 44k miles one owner full ford history alloys new Continental tyres so hopefully if they write off I can get good money t least to buy new one

I doubt the insurance will value the car more highly because of its service history and low mileage, and definitely won't on things like tyres!

If they write it off you can buy it back cheap and sell the decent parts or transfer them to another Mk6 (if you want another!)

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If they write it off you can buy it back cheap and sell the decent parts or transfer them to another Mk6 (if you want another!)

Yeah Im looking on the st150 pr zetec s celebration lime green not sure which how much you think they value it ? What can I take off air filter kn maybe wind deflectors that is it lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How much you think they can value it ??? 

Lol, I meant keep the wheels/tyres etc really.

I honestly don't know how they'll value it, don't forget to them its just the same as any other Mk6...another crap old Ford lol...  The mileage should help with yours though, see what similar ones are up for on eBay and expect to get offered a bit less than that.

I would expect about £1500 for my 116k mile Mk6 ST if that was written off.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I meant keep the wheels/tyres etc really.

I honestly don't know how they'll value it, don't forget to them its just the same as any other Mk6...another crap old Ford lol...  The mileage should help with yours though, see what similar ones are up for on ebay and expect to get offered a bit less than that.

I would expect about £1500 for my 116k mile Mk6 ST if that was written off.

Mine they go around 4,000 to 4,500 on autotrader with that miles its on 44k so hopefully should get around 3,5-4k

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Yes i used to think that,but after spending time doing tax returns for a company that specializes in claims i learnt a few facts from them.The money is there weather you claim or not.You pay it in your premium without even knowing what its for,its call liability insurance.Nobody is paying additional for it,its in you cover.Example my shooting insurance policy has 10mil liability insurance,so if i accidently shoot / injure someone on the Grouse moore they are covered.Same as a car policy,you pay a premium mainly to cover others as well as yourself.

Many claim with no injury yes, but its like any insurance for example home insurance.How may  say oh this & that was stolen out of the shed when in actual fact only the lawn mower for taken.Or the wind that blew down the fence that was already dropping to bits.

If the lads had a rear shunt then at the speed he states then he will feel it tomorrow so has an injury that the other parties insurer has duty to compensate.

8 minutes ago, davyo said:

Yes i used to think that,but after spending time doing tax returns for a company that specializes in claims i learnt a few facts from them.The money is there weather you claim or not.You pay it in your premium without even knowing what its for,its call liability insurance.Nobody is paying additional for it,its in you cover.Example my shooting insurance policy has 10mil liability insurance,so if i accidently shoot / injure someone on the Grouse moore they are covered.Same as a car policy,you pay a premium mainly to cover others as well as yourself.

That is good I am covered as I need car for work! Hopefully should be getting new one maybe st150 or zetec s ceebrations lime green will see dont want diese anymore

29 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah Im looking on the st150 pr zetec s celebration lime green not sure which how much you think they value it ? What can I take off air filter kn maybe wind deflectors that is it lol

Don't get another ford if possible...rubbish cars!

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

Don't get another ford if possible...rubbish cars!

Great place to come and say that...lol.

• Like 2

I'm sure the regular posters on this forum will understand what I mean... ;-)