Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon help needed

nbuuifx

We've had our Mondeo for nearly 2 years now.

When we first went to look at it, the aircon wasn't very cold, so they recharged it. It then worked all summer long and was still working the following July when it went back for a service and MOT, however since then it stopped working. I think over the winter that has just gone. So when it went back again for its service and MOT last week I had them recharge the aircon again for £49.

It worked great when they returned it but a few days later it stopped working and now makes a noise when you put it on.

I can't quite work out where the noise is coming from. I can't hear it outside the car. You can hear the noise coming out of the air vents. The noise changes a bit with revs and is most audible when the fan speed is low. If you increase the fan speed you can't really hear the noise.

As soon as you press the button to turn off the A/C it stops the noise instantly - it is unrelated to the blower motor itself.

I presume it is more of a compressor noise but as I say you can't hear anything under the bonnet.

I'll probably give them a call but I don't really want a huge bill to fix it. Any ideas on what it could be? Even if the repair is cheap I will need another aircon recharge - between the two that will have cost me £100.

sounds like you have got a leak somewhere, needs checking by a garage using a leak detection dye or alternative methods. how old is mondeo? 

ok, as it is more than a few years old now, im guessing the condensor is leaking the refridgerant out, the noise will be the compressor . it all will be expensive what ever it ends up being unfortunatly.