• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richiepoorman

richiepoorman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MKIV
Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

I have a MK4 Fiesta and when it rains the passenger footwell fills with water - the mat is soaked. I have checked the pollen filter and that's OK, but can't see where the water is getting in, and it doesn't matter if the car is stationery or moving.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

have you lifted all the sound proofing ad matts up and checked for holes in the floor.or even take matts and sound proofing out and put some water on the inside of footwell and get some 1 under neith to see where water is escaping..just a sugestion

#3 PistolPete

PistolPete

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 3 Door Zetec [2009]
Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I have a MK4 Fiesta and when it rains the passenger footwell fills with water - the mat is soaked. I have checked the pollen filter and that's OK, but can't see where the water is getting in, and it doesn't matter if the car is stationery or moving.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :(

Hi richiepoorman,

I had a similar problem with my 1999 Renault Clio - thought I'd let you know how we solved it in case it helps you - if not, no harm done!

We had trouble finding where it was coming from - really were running out of ideas, then found out - at the bottom of the cars windscreen (between it and the bonnet) there's a black plastic cover that runs across the car - we took this off and found that rainwater actually had been collecting in under it, and rather than fall out under the car onto the road, it was building up more and more and leaking into the footwells! at the bottom of the pool of water in there there's a small thumb sized plastic 'stopper' that is supposed to 'flap' open slightly to allow the water to drain out - this had become blocked for whatever reason but as soon as we removed it, the pint or so of water simply fell out under the car - we then went inside and sealed the slight hole in the footwell that the water had been coming in from and that was it problem sorted.

Of course I'm unsure if this will help at all, but maybe there's a similar build feature in all cars and yourhas become blocked up also?

Let us know if you get sorted.

Peter

#4 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

It's most likley the same sort of problem as the previous post. Another thing to check is the drain holes in the bottom of the door. These can sometimes get clogged up and cause rain water to fill up in the door trim. Give the door a shake and listen for water splashing about

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users