Do Not Sell My Personal Information

COLIN 333

COLIN 333

HI, everyone.

I Brought a 2015 Mondeo  Auto 2.0 tdci  180 BHP Hatchback, Recently I’ve been hearing a vibration / rattling sound,  under the car,  driver’s seat / engine,  when driving about 30/40mph with the window down and take my foot off  the pedal, then just push down the pedal a little again, I’m getting this vibration / rattling sound,

I’ve had my mechanic take a look under the car, with no luck, he said take it to fords it’s under warranty,

I’ve taken it to fords, first time they said it was the injectors, and they have had the injector pilot relearn, I took the car home, and car was the same, no difference,

I took the car back, I took a ford mechanic with me for a drive, and he heard the vibration / rattling sound, he said that it was the sound that the Duratorq engine makes.

No I said, so now fords arranged for me to I drive the same spec car, Mondeo Auto 2.0 tdci 180 BHP Hatchback from one off their salesman, and that car was fine, it’s going back to fords this week again, but I’m having a funny feeling they will say that nothing was found.

I need HELP.

• 4 months later...

clearly your car isnt fine, your alternative option is to return the car as not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality and insist they rectify or replace the car!

• Like 1

I know this might sound a bit daft, but check your heat shields around exhaust system. I had a similar problem with my 2.5 GhiaX, cost me loads in mechanic fees and all it was in the end was one of the nuts on heat shield had come loose and was making the vibration/rattling noise.

• Like 1