Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Jmurray01

laumk7

Best of luck with your driving test today - sending you positive vibes :driving:

• Like 1

Good luck Jamie. Concentrate

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, didn't expect this :laugh:

Got new rear tyres put on the GTX this morning, and it already has nearly new fronts so the car is ready (unless the engine decides to randomly die again... :unsure:), just need to get myself "in gear", pardon the pun.

I'm doing the test in Buckie, which is potentially one of the "easiest" places in Moray with nothing more than a few small roundabouts and zebra crossings, so if I do fail then I'll be very disappointed in my ability!  Going to leave in a wee while and have a drive around the area for a couple of hours beforehand to get myself prepared for any busy areas, road works etc... 

In all seriousness though, if I fail then it will purely be down to my anxiety, as without being big headed I know I am a very good driver. 

I'll update the thread later this afternoon/evening with the verdict. 

• Like 4

Bit late to the party but good luck dude, hope you pass.  Best feeling ever when you take those L plates off, unless you use magnet ones.  Then chances are they've already gone, which kind of spoils it lol

• Like 1

Passed!  Thank God that is over with - it was the most stressful 40 minutes of my life.

I'm more relieved than anything else, as it will allow me to do things which should make my life more enjoyable and hopefully bring me some happiness!

WP_20160803_19_41_26_Pro.jpg

• Like 8

Absolutely brilliant Jamie, I knew you could do it! Have a beer or three on me (unless you're out driving!!) :wink:

Lol I'll be neding the support of you guys next, my test is in a month! :yahoo::laugh:

Congrats mate well done. I know the feeling. Now go vroom vroom

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Absolutely brilliant Jamie, I knew you could do it! Have a beer or three on me (unless you're out driving!!) :wink:

Lol I'll be neding the support of you guys next, my test is in a month! :yahoo::laugh:

I'm home for the night, so I'll take you up on that beer!  Can't have too many though, as I've got work tomorrow from 08:30-18:30...  Nothing like a 10 hour shift to rain on my parade! :laugh:

What date is your test again?  I'm sure you'll pass too, as long as you are comfortable in the car you are driving. 

Well done mate! :yahoo:

And also, well done for NOT posting your driver number! Seems to be a bit of a thing, up here anyway, of posting pics on Facebook of the pass certificate complete with their number on show! :wallbash:

Nice going, how did you go with minors, or would you rather not say... :P

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Well done mate! :yahoo:

And also, well done for NOT posting your driver number! Seems to be a bit of a thing, up here anyway, of posting pics on Facebook of the pass certificate complete with their number on show! :wallbash:

I know, better safe than sorry!

Well done bud

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well done mate congratulations! The world as they say is now your oyster you've bought yourself freedom to go where ever you want whenever you want! well after the confines of work that is lol

Next week is my boys theory test just the begining of it all for him, pass on your immense luck and vibes x

My test is on 8th September unless anything better comes up, so a bit over a month. 

Laurie im sure he'll do fine! I was pleasantly surprised at howeasy it was. I assume he's used and practiced with the Driving Test Success PC DVD? It was great for me.

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Nice going, how did you go with minors, or would you rather not say... :P

I got five minors, consisting of my reverse park (made a pig's ear of that), junctions - apparently I need to be be more cautious and observe more, and for going too near the centre of a mini-roundabout, although I have no recollection of that.  She also noted my normal driving position, but didn't elaborate on that.

My instructor has seen me drive exactly like I did today and didn't have any problems with it, and to be honest I think it was a bit over-critical.  At the end of the day though, I couldn't care less.  It's like advisories on an MOT - they are more often than not inaccurate and even if they are accurate, they make no difference to the validity of the MOT certificate!

WP_20160803_20_12_42_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

5 minors is still pretty good. I think you can have up to 12?

I got ones for observation too. Funny when you are already taught to over emphasise every check anyway.

Pass plus is well worth doing, or at least have someone experienced go with you the first time on a motorway.

5 is very good! I'd be more than happy with that. My main concern is, my test is at 8:10am (i'm not a morning person!) and Guildford will be mobbed. Let's hope the examiner knows a quieter way!

It's 15 minors IIRC.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm home for the night, so I'll take you up on that beer!  Can't have too many though, as I've got work tomorrow from 08:30-18:30...  Nothing like a 10 hour shift to rain on my parade! :laugh:

But you get to drive there without your Mum in the car, that's gotta be a bonus! :biggrin: 

Well done though, don't think many people pass first time! :smile:  Wouldn't worry about the minors either, I got 4 but cant remember what they were, obviously haven't caused an issue since lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club