Do Not Sell My Personal Information

smoke

katelyndon

hi all. I have a 2007 transit van, 2.4 140bhp. lately it has become hard to start. it is blowing white smoke out the exhaust. temperature is normal, heater blows hot air and doesn't loose any power. I have tested water for contamination and oil is normal, no creamy sludge or anything. I was told it could be something to do with diesel not getting through to start, but why the smoky exhaust. I have recently had a new turbo fitted and all was good til now. any ideas anyone, thanks

1 hour ago, katelyndon said:

diesel not getting through to start, but why the smoky exhaust.

White smoke can be water, or unburnt diesel (if it only happens while cranking).

If fuel is getting through, then failure to burn could be: glowplugs (though high pressure diesel systems usually start ok without plugs on in warm weather), low compression, or slow cranking. Or possibly low fuel rail pressure during cranking, so the fuel is not atomised finely enough to ignite.

White smoke with engine running: All I can think of is coolant. You have checked the obvious. Does the turbo have a water jacket on this engine by any chance?

thanks for replying again.  I have got it booked in tomorrow and was told the same as you say about the fuel rail or a injector.  I just hope its not cylinder head.  but its smoking just like last time when turbo had gone, but this time with hard starting. I will let you know what they say but it will probably be a week for them to look at it. thanks again pete

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club