Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 2004 Key Transponder

mwdj79

I have a 2004 Fusion, I want to upgrade the standard 3 button key to a flip key, I have looked on eBay and they keep mentioning about the Transponder (glass tube one) and having to swap it over. I have looked in my key and there is no glass tube or ceramic one as far as I can see. I have attached photos of my keys, could some one tell me there these transponders are likely to be please.

Also if this conversion is possible could some please point me in the right direction to buy a flip key that is reliable. I have currently both keys with the car, the three button one and the spare key with no buttons on. I would ideally if possible keep both keys as they are, and have a new flip key.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mat.

Battery Side.jpg

Circuit board side.jpg

Your's is the ceramic chip type.

It's under the small circular indent to the top right of the key half in your first picture.

You can just see the end of it poking out to the right.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Stoney871 > Thank you. Do you know how I would remove this so I could put it in a replacement key?

I thought the chip was in the main part of the key moulded inside the plastic as I can start my engine with the key with the remote fob part removed completely.

The chip type used is F021 type blur T17 Texas/Crypto 63 whatever that means. The colour in the corner of the master key is some indicator as to what chip is inside.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club