Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking Problem

Kayla224

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2007 Ford Focus Sport.

When I picked it up from the garage the car was already open so I put the key in and drove away as you would.

When I got home I couldn't lock the car as the remote central locking on the key wouldn't work, but would work when I inserted the key into the drivers side lock.

I took the key to be tested and they confirmed that there was a signal from every button so the fault wasn't with the key.

I noticed a message on the dash which said the car was in 'Shipping Mode' which I understand turns off some of the cars features to save on the battery which would make sense if it has been on a forecourt.

Last night I somehow managed to turn the 'shipping mode' off and then reprogrammed the key by turning it 4 times to II so it is in learn mode then pressing they within the 20 second time frame which did work. The car unlocked and locked using the remote key fob.

I have gone to go to work this morning, the car opened fine with the remote fob, got to work and tried to lock the car and it didn't work.

So I have reprogrammed it again this morning, it opened fine but the lock button didn't work

So reprogrammed it again and both the open and lock buttons worked.

I have just gone back to the car and now nothing works again.

Any ideas what this could be as it appears to be losing sync with the car and the garage we bought it from is now ignoring our call and have conveniently turned the phone off!

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club