Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dancing needles

focus52

Hi

I am new to the Ford Focus.

Can any one help with an intermitant problem. I have noticed my 52 Reg 2.0 Ghia has an unusual problem this being the needles for the temp gauge and the fuel indicater.

The temp gauge twitches up and down the scale and the petrol needle goes to the half tank position

I have taken it back to the dealer i brought it from and as usual with intermitant problems it did not do it then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new to the Ford Focus.

Can any one help with an intermitant problem. I have noticed my 52 Reg 2.0 Ghia has an unusual problem this being the needles for the temp gauge and the fuel indicater.

The temp gauge twitches up and down the scale and the petrol needle goes to the half tank position

I have taken it back to the dealer i brought it from and as usual with intermitant problems it did not do it then.

i had this when i put the worng battery on the car

they have smart chargeing on them. I left the battery off for a hour or two then i changed the battery then to the right one

that sorted it out ;)

Hi

As dezwez said you need to check that your Focus has the right battery on it.

If the battery is ok then the problem could be being coursed by some faulty sensors.

My friend has a 53 plate Focus and he has this same intermittent problem but only with his fuel gage. The miles untill empty display just goes blank for no reason. The problem does not go untill he has put in £10 or more worth of fuel into the car.

Hes knows that it is the sensor in the fuel tank he has just not got round to fixing it yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club