Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 tdci 2007 aircon compressor help

bladeage

Hi all,

My aircon compressor seems to have packed up, I have ordered a new one, can anyone give me a brief walk thru and time frame on how to change it?

thanks

Are you sure the compressor has packed up. If there isn't enough gas in the system it wont kick in to stop it seizing up. It needs the gas to circulate the PAG oil which lubricates it.

1 hour ago, btmaldon said:

Are you sure the compressor has packed up. If there isn't enough gas in the system it wont kick in to stop it seizing up. It needs the gas to circulate the PAG oil which lubricates it.

Hi, yeah the system is full, we took it for a recharge thinking it needed it but the guy said it was full and probably the compressor gone awol as he said they go normally at around 80 to 90k ish

so it hasnt been diagnosed as compressor failure? lots of other faults can cause air con not to work. wiring issues common, relay, pressure switches, evaporator temp sensor etc. needs diagnosing properly first before jumping in with compresor replacement.

• Like 2