Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im back and its MOT time.

Purdy fpv

Hi Everyone.

I haven't been on FOC for ages As I have been very busy as I have been working long hours and my kat has had a lot of thing going wrong with her. Which I will tell you all about in my next few posts.

October is MOT time. I was quite optimistic and I thought that she would sail through the MOT. So just before the mot I put a K&N 57i on her. Well I had been promising my self one for ages so I thought why not. Then the MOT came. She passed but with some advisories.

She needs-

•4 new tires

•the rear brake pipes are corroded

•front suspension arm bushes are worn

The K&N kicks !Removed!. I love it.

With the tires I have decided to stay with the P6000. Was that a good move? I got the front ones this moth and will get the back next month to spread the cost.

The suspention bushes I will leave till they are completely worn out and I will then get some aftermarket ones. Again is this a good idea?

As for the brake pipes my tame Ford Technician has sanded them back and then put hammerite on them. He also had to take apart and clean all my back brakes as my brakes were soft.

I have some pictures of this. So can some one please tell me how to post them?

I said that I have been busy and that is just the start of it!

With the tires I have decided to stay with the P6000. Was that a good move? I got the front ones this moth and will get the back next month to spread the cost.

The suspention bushes I will leave till they are completely worn out and I will then get some aftermarket ones. Again is this a good idea?

As for the brake pipes my tame Ford Technician has sanded them back and then put hammerite on them. He also had to take apart and clean all my back brakes as my brakes were soft.

I have some pictures of this. So can some one please tell me how to post them?

I said that I have been busy and that is just the start of it!

How much did you pay for the P6000's? I used to have them on my MKIV Fiesta and they always proved to be extremely good, but, since having an ST170 and a MKII Focus diesel, I've found plenty more are better.

I got the P6000 from blackcircles.com they cost me £34 each + vat and postage.

I was told that when they came out the P600 was the best tires on the market. I know that the tread pattern on them has hardly changed over the years and that they have only really changed the compound to make them last longer.

I got the P6000 from blackcircles.com they cost me £34 each + vat and postage.

I was told that when they came out the P600 was the best tires on the market. I know that the tread pattern on them has hardly changed over the years and that they have only really changed the compound to make them last longer.

That's a reasonable price to be fair. Factor in a few quid for fitting I suppose.

The P6000 is best suited for motorway driving from experience. If you want to test your handling more frequently, consider something a little more sticky like the Toyo Proxes or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3.

That's a reasonable price to be fair. Factor in a few quid for fitting I suppose.

The P6000 is best suited for motorway driving from experience. If you want to test your handling more frequently, consider something a little more sticky like the Toyo Proxes or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3.

You do have a point there. I did actually think about Goodyear eagles as I always had NCT5's on my Fiesta. At the moment I am doing a lot of dual track driving. So I will just have to see how the P6000s go.

• 2 months later...

You do have a point there. I did actually think about Goodyear eagles as I always had NCT5's on my Fiesta. At the moment I am doing a lot of dual track driving. So I will just have to see how the P6000s go.

i would have the bushes done asap they effect handling quite a bit and if they fail you will know about it some powerflex bushes are what you want they last longer as well and are well recommended dont leave them too long ive seen accidents because they have got too badly worn so be a little carefiul on the bends

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club