Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travelpilot EX - Are They Any Good?

iamthequinn

What it says on the tin, basically.

My recently purchased Mk3 (post-facelift) Mondeo has a cheapy Panasonic stereo and I'm looking to replace it.  I've seen some Travelpilot EX units on eBay/Gumtree for around £80-odd, and part of me is tempted to buy one (with GPS aerial) so my car has that "original" feel.  But are they any good?  Or am I better served squandering my money on a different unit?

The EX is good for the OEM look, and not much else, navigation is outdated ( the unit is a 2003 design), you only get turn-by-turn instructions (no map display), and you do not get USB (Ipod) playback and bluetooth connection. I'd rather spend my money on something with these features.

If you go for an EX, be sure to get one with the trapezoid bezels, the ones for Focus / C-Max with their rectangular bezel do not fit.

2 hours ago, iamthequinn said:

What it says on the tin, basically.

My recently purchased Mk3 (post-facelift) Mondeo has a cheapy Panasonic stereo and I'm looking to replace it.  I've seen some Travelpilot EX units on eBay/Gumtree for around £80-odd, and part of me is tempted to buy one (with GPS aerial) so my car has that "original" feel.  But are they any good?  Or am I better served squandering my money on a different unit?

Hi,

Your much better off purchasing an aftermarket dash conversion kit  from connects2 and installing a double din touch screen unit from Pioneer 

The Pioneer units have built in Parrott bluetooth and voice control which depending on model of headunit can read and respond to text messages while you drive just by using your voice 

it's also very easy to add a reverse camera or amplifier once you have gone aftermarket aswell there much more advanced compared to stock systems.

Thankyou both.  I'll avoid the Travelpilot and go down the aftermarket route :smile: