Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Braided lines?!? Question

M4RC

I've just had the st rear axle put on and they've used a copper pipe to connect it which I don't like the look of, where would the ST braided lines go from? Directly from the calipers to where???

(I also painted the the bits I missed on the calipers and also the rusty bits on the disks are now black haha)

thanks

image.jpeg

From the calipers to the joint at the bracket on the bodywork.

google "fiesta st rear brakes" for pictures.

• Like 1

That looks a strange setup to me,what's the cable tie for?

6 hours ago, SpannerTheCat said:

They've used the original hose which is too short, the ST hose has a small bracket on it which screws to the calipers where they have used the cable tie.

2 hours ago, MarksST said:

They've used the original hose which is too short, the ST hose has a small bracket on it which screws to the calipers where they have used the cable tie.

Would it pass an MOT with the short hose & the cable tie? Wouldn't be happy with it like that myself though :ohmy:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MarksST said:

Ah that's good then, that's get rid of that nasty pipe work

17 hours ago, SpannerTheCat said:

The cable ties just keeping it secured to the bracket to make sure it doesn't come out

7 hours ago, SpannerTheCat said:

Would it pass an MOT with the short hose & the cable tie? Wouldn't be happy with it like that myself though :ohmy:

Think it would, it was a well known good company that done it so they know what there doing, the cables ties just keeping it in place. 

It was drums before which has a rubber pipe but the st has a metal pipe so they had to make a bit up but I'm not happy with the look and the cable ties don't exactly help either so that's why I'm looking at braided lines

17 hours ago, MarksST said:

Cheers, I had a look. 

Looks like I'll need to buy a set of 4, do you think the front ones would fit the fiesta 1.0 ecoboost calipers? 

There are braided lines for the Fiesta MK7 range that seem to fit all except the ST. I just purchased a set from HEL. Not fitted yet. 

HEL can manufacture a custom made braided line for you if there is no kit.Give them a call in Exeter it's not a problem for them.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Also looks as though your getting a slightly uneven "bite" on that disc.

1 hour ago, dave_k said:

Also looks as though your getting a slightly uneven "bite" on that disc.

I painted the rusty bit so gave the disc a wipe just to see if the rust would come off 

39 minutes ago, M4RC said:

I painted the rusty bit so gave the disc a wipe just to see if the rust would come off 

Ah ok may just be the picture then. Have you gone from drums to discs on the rear axle? seems a lot of hassle for a 2010 car, unless your into showing the car etc (which it looks like form your profile pic).

8 hours ago, dave_k said:

Ah ok may just be the picture then. Have you gone from drums to discs on the rear axle? seems a lot of hassle for a 2010 car, unless your into showing the car etc (which it looks like form your profile pic).

Yep full st axle, that's my old car. My new one is a 15 plate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club