Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf problems

Kdr5800

Hi guys 

I have a 61 plate 2l diesal Kuga

the engine management light came on. So I plugged it in to a diagnostics and found 4 faults;

P2456- particle filter differential pressure sensor circute- faulty 

p2452- particle filter differential pressure sensor circute- faulty signal  

p245b- particulate filter, faulty- no symptom 

p2463- diesal particulate filter soot accumulates- no symptom 

i then hen did a regeneration and the matchine said it was all successful but moments later 2 fault codes up. Being; 

p245b- particulate filter, faulty- no symptom 

p2463- diesal particulate filter soot accumulates- no symptom 

with the regeneration being successful is there likely to be a big build up of soot? Or will it be down to a faulty sensor. I haven't yet looked under the car as I haven't had a free ramp or time to look. 

If anyone has any advice or information that could help it would be more then appreciated 

many thanks in advance 

Kyle. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

either faulty sensor or the pipes on to the dpf have split or burnt and gone crispy.

or both
  • Like 1

On 11 August 2016 at 8:22 PM, iantt said:

either faulty sensor or the pipes on to the dpf have split or burnt and gone crispy.

or both

Thanks for your quick response I'll look in to the pipes asap. And is this the sensor that's near the battery? If so do you know what sort of price they are? 

Once again thanks 

yes, thats the sensor, no idea on price though, quite common for sensor to fail. but check the pipes at both ends. not sure if youre dpf has a fuel vapouriser, think its a bit to old for that, but if it has, it can block up and stop dpf from regening properly. its fitted on the top of downpipe with electrical connector and small bore fuel pipe. check if you have one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club