Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus water leaking near engine

M Lam

Hi

I just found some water leak from my ford focus today. It is very close to the engine area (I guess). May I know what leaking is that? Engine water? Air con water? I have some picture attached

I will be away for 4 weeks after next Monday evening. Do you think is better for me to get this fix as soon as possible or I can wait till 7 Sept? Isn't something serious?

Thanks

New.jpg

new2.jpg

new4.jpg

new5.jpg

new6.jpg

new3.jpg

Various possibilities...

If it's coloured, as in coolant or washer fluid it could be a leak. If it's clear it's possibly condensation from somewhere, probably the aircon. It looks clear, maybe the drain pipe from the aircon has become detached. If it's been raining (not in Devon it hasn't!) it might also be the bonnet seal. Have you recently topped up the washer bottle? There's an overflow which can be mistaken for a leak.

• Like 1

I just checked the photos, it is crystal clear. I using the air con today as it is very warm around Buckinghamshire. Do you think this is normal condensation from the air con? Or is better to get someone to check it as soon as possible before the air con leaking badly?

I just used Wynns Clean Air (Mint) - Air Con Clearer on last Friday. Do you think this will do any harm to my air con system as I sprayed directly into my vehicle's heater/air conditioning system? According to instruction 'Put the spray in a central position in the passenger compartment of the car or truck cabin'.

The top 2 photos look like they have a blue tinge...  If this is the case, I'd say anti-freeze/engine coolant and trace the leak ASAP.

It is normal for the aircon unit to generate moisture.  Sometimes if mine has been running for a while on a hot day, I'll find a puddle under my car if I leave it there for a few minutes.  Same with my portable home unit. You have to empty that out after a while because of the condensation that builds up inside :)

9 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

The top 2 photos look like they have a blue tinge...  If this is the case, I'd say anti-freeze/engine coolant and trace the leak ASAP.

It is normal for the aircon unit to generate moisture.  Sometimes if mine has been running for a while on a hot day, I'll find a puddle under my car if I leave it there for a few minutes.  Same with my portable home unit. You have to empty that out after a while because of the condensation that builds up inside :)

Hi

My coolant is red colour. Should it be red instead of blue? Sorry, if I ask stupid question. Should I try to let my engine run when my car still idle for 10 minutes without aircon in morning. If the water still leaking, it mean coolant leaking?

• Like 1

If your coolant is red, then that's OK.  Blue coolant is not uncommon though, hence my suggesting. I doubt leaving your car running will achieve anything.

The other thing to look out for is deposits. If it's a fluid from a car, it may leave a residue where it drips onto or leaks from.

But it may very well just be the aircon compressor getting condensation :)  I don't know where the compressor is on these though. Finding that out may help.

• Like 1

its the aircon drain hole in the drivers footwell at you're left foot if you pull the carpet back the hose is there remove the plastic panel and give it a check

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club