Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1402 EGR Metering orifice restricted - Ford focus mk2

SevMeister

I got P1402 the other day on my car and it refers to a restricted metering orifice. Mind you this came on with P0340 which was for camshaft sensor which i replaced so all the issues linked to that are gone. I am not experiencing any drivability issues so i'm not sure what to do now, do i need a new egr valve? 

Any advice would be appreciated 

45 minutes ago, SevMeister said:

I got P1402 the other day on my car

Which engine?

Have you cleared it, and if so does it re-occur? (Could have been a one off linked to the camshaft DTC?)

Peter.

7 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Which engine?

Have you cleared it, and if so does it re-occur? (Could have been a one off linked to the camshaft DTC?)

Peter.

Hi peter, 

Thanks for your reply. Its a 1.6 TDCI 109. I haven't cleaned it but i will do so to see if that solves the problem. The only thing is that prior to the camshaft sensor replacement, the I/M readiness failed to complete one of the tests and after its all good, so you could be right about it being a one off

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SevMeister said:

I haven't cleaned it

Cleared (with an r) is what I really asked, ie cleared or reset the DTC, to see if it came back.

But cleaning the EGR might be worthwhile also!

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Cleared (with an r) is what I really asked, ie cleared or reset the DTC, to see if it came back.

But cleaning the EGR might be worthwhile also!

I just checked and the DTC never came back after the Cam sensor replacement so you were right! Thank you :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club