Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new fiesta zetec s mrk7! In the spot light.

boodachris

Heres my car, had it for about two weeks now so glad i got her!! Just gave it a clean and a wax thought id take some photos to show you guys to see what you think?

mycar4.jpg

mycar5.jpg

mycar2.jpg

mycar3.jpg

mycar.jpg

mycar6.jpg

mycar7.jpg

Niiiiice, I do like Vision.

Get those badges off I say!

<wax geek> waxed with what?

Cheers mate :) The wax i use is called '' SONUS Swirl Buster Polish'' Removes swirl marks and hides fine defects.......

Wax and polish are two very different things - and polish is not designed to be a top layer product.

I'd get a decent quality hard or soft wax on that if you want it to stay quite that shiny :D

Thanks for the advice mate... is turtle wax any good? your only ment to wax once every month is that right??

Step away from the Turtlewax...:lol:

It may seem more expensive to buy a good quality wax at, say, £30 a tub - but you'll get 30+ layers from that pot and each coat will last you up to 3 months. So long as you use wax safe shampoo each time you in between that is.

Autoglym and Dodo Juice both make excellent waxes for around the £30-35 mark. Two layers of good wax will last for ages, and your washing/detailing between waxes can be much simpler too.

See my detailing guide for more info.

Detailing Guide

Why on earth would you keep the badges? :lol:

Have you seen what they're made of? There is better quality plastic in a chinese takeaway carton.

Great photos, looking really clean. I cleaned my car today and wished I was washing a Fiesta! I think you should leave the badges on in my opinion a lot of people seem to remove badges on cars and I think they look a bit odd. I think a lot of add-ons or modifications to cars look odd unless it is something that may actually come with the car.

Looks lovely. You're making me sad that I didn't get chance to wash mine this weekend... For like the 4th weekend running! :(

Looks lovely. You're making me sad that I didn't get chance to wash mine this weekend... For like the 4th weekend running! :(

shame on you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

thanks guys.... so dangull me using that polish today has recked my paint work do you think??? and what shall i do the next time i wash my car use that snow foam you mentioned?? so then after that i can use autoglym high definition. Your detailing thread is very usefull. thank you :)

Wrecked? No no no, not at all. It's simply not designed to be the last thing you apply - simply because it's abrasive and physically alters paint - if polish is left open to the elements then either 1) the fillers (if there are any, I don't know about the Sonus polish) can come out or 2) the polish can keep on 'cutting' the paint, but we're talking tiny amounts if any here.

Polish is a good and necessary step - but put something else on afterwards.

snow foam is awesome, and great fun, but at £50 for a lance and some product certainly not cheap!

Good wash with shampoo, dry, polish (to correct the paint, so only if necessary), wax is a good routine.

so when i wash it (with a shampoo that doesnt strip off the wax) Then go straight to the hard wax? ignore the polish in between. its hard work keeping on track when cleaning your car,lol.......

so when i wash it (with a shampoo that doesnt strip off the wax) Then go straight to the hard wax? ignore the polish in between. its hard work keeping on track when cleaning your car,lol.......

You won't even need to wax it every time Chris.

I use either Auto Glym Aqua Wax (a spray-on wax that also helps to dry the car, use it when the car is wet) or Meguiar;s QuikDetailer or Meguiar's NXT Speed Detailer, in between waxing, or even for about 3 or 4 washes in between waxing. Other speed detailers and liquid waxes are available too :) (these are also known as 'top-up waxes')

Polishing won't be necessary for a few months at a time :)

Thanks mate much appreciate it. :) how much is that spary on wax you talking about?

The Autoglym AquaWax is about £12.99 in Halfords, comes in a case with a microfibre cloth too - best to buy stuff from Halfords whenever they have the 3-for-2 offer on ;) :)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165527

sounds gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood cheers matey will have to do some shoping, dont mind if its for my baby :P :D

I like the AG Aqua Dry as a top up wax, it's easy to use, just spray on and wipe it over, removing the water as you go. Ocassionally needing toi wring out the cloth as it'lll be saturated.

Then buff over afterwards with a clean dry microfibre to remove the wax residues and it'll be shiny and will leave water beading when it gets wet again :)

AG Aquawax is ok - but Duragloss is better - and cheaper ;)

It also smells a hell of a lot nicer.

Im thinking about gettin chrome fog light surrounds for 15pound each but i dont know if it will suit my car colour. hmmmmmmmmm........

Thanks for the advice mate... is turtle wax any good? your only ment to wax once every month is that right??

A good product to try is the werkstat acyrlic kit from polished bliss a three stage kit its great for light coloured cars £48.00 including poorboys micro fibre towels and megs applicator

Cheers mate.... will have a look at that :) I just cant believe how stunning the new fiesta's are, every time i look at my car i think to my self is that actually MY car. Hoping to get the mountune upgrade( not the styling pack, just the extra 20bhp and exhaust :D:D Ford have done a good job on this model also the price is low! a really good package :):):)

Cheers mate.... will have a look at that :) I just cant believe how stunning the new fiesta's are, every time i look at my car i think to my self is that actually MY car. Hoping to get the mountune upgrade( not the styling pack, just the extra 20bhp and exhaust :D:D Ford have done a good job on this model also the price is low! a really good package :):):)

the mountune is fantastic best thing i did get it with the car,getting a mountune carbon fibre splitter this week.the werkstat kit is great you use the prime first then the trigger build up the layers 30mins apart i did 4 on mine then the gloss works great and very easy on and off even in cold weather.have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club