Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parcel Shelf Clip Replacement

schillers

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and even newer to attempting to fix things in my car on my own! Please be gentle with me...

I have a bit of an issue with my parcel shelf clips. My friend slammed my boot and snapped the plastic which holds the parcel shelf up as shown below:2016-08-12 17.19.21.jpg

I have the new part to replace this but looking at how they are fitted, I am assuming I will need to take the trim off of the pillar of the boot. Could anyone give me a hint (Preferably walk me through) as to how I can get underneath the trim in the right hand side of the picture below:

2016-08-12 17.19.17.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help. Really appreciate it!

I had to replace one on my Mk4 Mondeo - install was just a click in, removing was done using a pair of pliers. I'm not sure if it's the same fitment but a (gentle) go with a set of pliers may be with a try. 

15 hours ago, Wangarai said:

I had to replace one on my Mk4 Mondeo - install was just a click in, removing was done using a pair of pliers. I'm not sure if it's the same fitment but a (gentle) go with a set of pliers may be with a try. 

Thanks for the response. To install, did you have to push in then push the bar in?

I have given it a slight go but doesn't seem to come out too easily?

The fitting was this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OFYXPLS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471163483&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ford+mondeo+parcel+shelf+clip

The part that clips into the boot tailgate is on the left, it just slots in. Presumably it's a similar arrangement for the focus? 

Yeah, that is the same one.

I had a quick go but it wouldn't come out wasily. Did you have to force it at all?

P.S. Thank you so much for your help! Really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2016 at 9:34 AM, Wangarai said:

The fitting was this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OFYXPLS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471163483&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ford+mondeo+parcel+shelf+clip

The part that clips into the boot tailgate is on the left, it just slots in. Presumably it's a similar arrangement for the focus? 

Wangarai,

Thanks for your help with this. I am glad to say that I have fixed it myself.

For anyone else with this issue, I hope this helps! All you need to do is remove the two pieces of interior trim. To do this, you simply have to pull, I would recommend doing this when the weather is warm. The clips are quite brittle and can snap, the warmth makes them slightly more workable. Simply feel the trim and try and work out where the clips are.

This should be done in the following order:

1) Start with the piece at the top of the window under the break light.

2) Now, start to remove the piece of trim from down the side on which you need to replace the clip.

Once you have removed the required trim, you should have enough leverage to wiggle the old clip out from the body of the car. Next, place the new clip into the bodywork and push the small metal bar in the middle of the clip into the clip itself.

Proceed to replace all the trim and that's it, job complete! Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you managed to fix it Schillers! It's always the wee jobs that drive you mad and seem to take the longest. :smile:

16 minutes ago, Joedepp said:

I have the same problem so that has helped me to.

Do worries Joedepp. If you need any more help, PM me. Happy to advise where I can! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club