Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How out of date am I

miller75

I have just bought a Focus 1.6 TDCI Titanium X on a 13 plate, I have just checked my sync version and I am running

CCPU: ED092I65.8.10349_sp0.0_Product
VCMU: Vector_VCMU_03.00.09

Whats the latest version?

I'm intrigued. Why are you asking this? Isn't it working?

I cant get the texting feature working on my iPhone, I was wondering how upto date my Sync version is

A 13 plate Focus MK3 has the SYNC 1.0 system.

The SYNC 1.0 system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. Updating from USB is not supported on this system. This is only possible from the SYNC 1.1 system onwards.

Thanks for that, it also disconnects every so often so I may take it back and ask them to update it. Do you know if Sync2 can be installed on this year?

Note that some functions of the SYNC system are phone dependant. Not all phone types support all functions. If the phone does not support a particular function it will simply not work.

Disconnecting randomly can also be caused by the phone. I also had this problem on my previous (Samsung) phone. My current (Samsung) phone works perfectly without any problems.

SYNC 1.0 can be upgraded to SYNC 1.1 but this requires a different SYNC (APIM) module because of hardware differences. SYNC 1.0 and 1.1 modules are technically interchangeable. The SYNC 2.0 system is completely different. The SYNC 2.0 system is based on the 8 Inch touchscreen. This is basically a further developed version of the USA My Ford Touch system.

It is technically possible to install the My Ford Touch or SYNC 2 system into a Focus MK3 but this is a huge job and many expensive parts are involved. A used complete SYNC 2 system without satnav currently sells for prices between €500,- and €1000,-.

Thanks again, I thought it may have just been software based but if its hardware then I will leave it as it is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club