Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone signal on Bluetooth.

jace1969

I have had this problem for a nice few weeks,when im in my car with radio on and connected to bluetooth the phone keeps dropping signal and then i

loose the person i talk to,they cant hear me,i tried the Richmond car stubby aerial but makes things worse being smaller,any advice would be great.

Its on a 2011 Titanium with Sony unit.

I would say it's a problem with phone's bluetooth signal rather than the car's bluetooth tbh.

Is the phone in your pocket when it happens?

Sent from my SM-G930F

Well it was in my inside pocket but i did put it on the pass seat after,is the signal bars on the Display for the phone to radio or radio to the transmitter.

This does drop to about 1 or 2 bars at times,just was thinking if there is a aerial out there what would make a better signal strength.

Is there a better aerial to try which gives a better signal,like i said are the signal bars on the display for the signal whats its getting from the aerial.

The signal strength is a representation of the phone to network not phone to car.

You can get phone cradles that link to an antenna placed on the car's window though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The signal strength is a representation of the phone to network not phone to car.

You can get phone cradles that link to an antenna placed on the car's window though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's a good thing as the signal always seems on 2 bars or lower so thinking the aerial in some way is the problem,are these on eBay.

The connectors would be phone specific.

Some phones used to have a specific external antenna port on the back (usually under a pull out cap) but more likely to be something that connects via micro usb or specific to Apple devices now.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I see now,so you cant up-grade your own car aerial to bring in a better signal.

No, the car aerial is for radio signals only.

bluetooth is just a tiny chip on a circuit board with a miniscule antenna about the size of a match head.

It's all about matching antenna sizes to frequencies, the higher the frequency the smaller the antenna.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Cheers stoney thats a great help,never knew that.

• Like 1

If i got a stubby one again as i hate mine say like people put on the  ST if its tuned in to the length of the aerial being im going smaller would i still get

a good radio signal on DAB  it will just be like using the whip type being of same car and sony radio and as you say it wont effect the bluetooth signal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club