Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Focus clicking from front passenger side

TopCat

Has anyone come across this? I have a Ford Focus 2006 auto and have been getting some strange clicking noise coming from what appears to be the front passenger side wheel area. It only happens on de-acceleration and gets louder after long journeys. I thought it might be the bearing, changed this - it was not! 

Could well be a fuse relay, I'm unsure where the fuse box is located in a focus06' but mine clicks in my 64'fiesta, wipers cause it, taking my foot of the accelerator, sometimes... 

Cookey.

Hmm, you might be better off posting this in the focus section mate. 

Cookey. 

16 hours ago, TopCat said:

strange clicking noise coming from what appears to be the front passenger side wheel area

Try leaving the passenger fuse box lowered down, see if it is louder.

I get clicking at times from down there, on bumpy bends usually. May be something to do with the ABS / ESP system. I ignore it.

(To get the topic moved, just PM (message) alexp999, one of the Mods.)

Do you get a click when you press and release the brake pedal? This would be something to do with the ESP/ABS (and as Peter has already said, it does seem to click a bit if you go along a bumpy/windy road a bit brisk) :tongue:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

it only happens when i de accelerate 

If there are no other symptoms, I would just monitor it but otherwise ignore it.

If your car has an ESP button, you could try turning it off for a bit.

ABS faults will light a warning lamp, major mechanical faults (suspension, springs, steering etc) should have been evident when changing the bearing.

Some sort of transmission fault when the engine is in over-run is possible, but if there are no symptoms when under power or changing gear, then it may be just a quirk.

Without a positive location, or some diagnostics information, there is little more you can do.

I've just noticed you've got an auto box.

12 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Some sort of transmission fault when the engine is in over-run is possible, but if there are no symptoms when under power or changing gear, then it may be just a quirk.

Does your transmission light illuminate on the dash when the clicking is present?

My Mk1 Focus is an auto and it went through a spell of clicking, and the transmission fault light would come on when it did. The clicking appeared to come from behind the passenger foot well in the engine bay, not in the cabin itself.

I suspected it was one of the solenoids,  when I connected my Elm327 and went to look for DTCs with Forscan, it pointed to fault on solenoid 1 (sorry can't actually remember the DTC code now). 

However, when I cleared the codes and repeated the scan, it wasn't present. and hasn't ever returned.

So yours may be just that, as Peter suggested too, a quirk with your transmission

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club