Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had fan belt replaced but still have issues.

josh7195

I guys I just had the fan belt and power steering hose replaced on my 05 focus , however the temperature gauge, aircon, window wiper button and electric Windows, says my bonnet is open and frost light has come on all in the time my belt went and I put it in the garage anybody 

experienced any of this?

kind regards josh.

3 hours ago, josh7195 said:

the temperature gauge, aircon, window wiper button and electric Windows, says my bonnet is open and frost light

All these items (except engine temperature gauge?) go through the BCM (aka GEM) that is part of the passenger junction box.

Check the connectors on this unit, and the big connectors in front of the passenger door, behind the trim in the footwell.

I do not think there is a common fuse for this lot, but check the fuses in the engine bay fusebox anyway.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

All these items (except engine temperature gauge?) go through the BCM (aka GEM) that is part of the passenger junction box.

Check the connectors on this unit, and the big connectors in front of the passenger door, behind the trim in the footwell.

I do not think there is a common fuse for this lot, but check the fuses in the engine bay fusebox anyway.

Thanks for getting back to me mate, it isn't the engine temp gauge is just the general temp gauge, I checked my fuses and they seem ok I also replaced the electric window one to see if they would work I will check the bcm like you said, and the connector units if I can find lol, the bloke who fixed my fan belt and hose said he will have a look one evening this week or plug his machine in. Thanks for ur input

• Like 1

as peter says , sounds like bcm issue. the outside temp sensor reading is what your refering to. was the battery disconnected?

I never disconnected the battery but when it came back from the garage it was asking for the radio code so I would guess that they did disconnect it , I'm gona stop by there on my way back from work 

Is the bcm the one under the bonnet or under the glove box? Kind regards josh.

20 minutes ago, josh7195 said:

Is the bcm the one under the bonnet or under the glove box?

BCM is built in to the fusebox inside the car under the glovebox. There are several large connectors on it. Something may have got damaged or dislodged. They are also a bit prone to water dripping on to them (rain leaking in, or from the A/C). Look for any corrosion, or water damage.

The other big connectors are nearby, but behind the plastic trim panel that goes along the door sill and up to the front facsia. It just unclips, start from the door sill end. Disconnect & look for any damage or corrosion.

(Disconnecting these will power down radio & other systems, similar to disconnecting the battery.)

Thanks going to have a look at it now 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club