Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I if there was one thing about your current car you could change...

laumk7

If there was one thing about your current car you could change, what would it be?

Mine is its attractiveness to boy racer types who want me to race them everywhere, bizarrely I feel more confident to ignore them in this car as I've got nothing to prove, but ahhh ykwim 

• Like 2

hand brake on the right side not passager side 

• Like 2

My cracked bumper - about 400 - 450 to replace it - too costly :sad:

As much as I love my Titanium focus, I wish I had gone that little bit further and got the tit x plus appearance pack. However as it is a on a 3 year lease I decided not to.

Digital climate control rather than manual air con, from what I've read, it's mod that just too complicated and expensive to do.

Of course if I'd bought the Titanium in Wisbech rather than the Ghia near Hereford, I'd have it as standard

I'd change the Stop/Start to a similar system to whats on the mother in laws VW as that actually works & I to would of stepped the extra mile and just got my exact car with half leather seats and a remap.  Oh and I'd fit the DRL's/better lights.  

The addition of DRL for me. Closely followed by a colour change. 

One thing...oh dear, hard to choose!!

So on the focus it's between - the engine and gearbox (counts as one), the bumpers and skirts from a sports model, the wing with the recent bad paint reaction, digital climate, footrests for when on cruise control, rear disc brakes, stainless rear exhaust, dab/6cd stereo.

On the ST150 it's between - the gearbox, cruise control, harsh ride, wheels, xenon headlights, climate control, the damn idle issues, the tiny boot, the lack of boot button on the boot, add a remap, one touch windows, the stone chips all over the front end.

Hmm, maybe I'm just too picky... :laugh:

I've gotta say though, despite its boy racer looks and raspy exhaust, I haven't had anyone at all want to race it!! :sad:

• Like 1

One thing...oh dear, hard to choose!!

So on the focus it's between - the engine and gearbox (counts as one), the bumpers and skirts from a sports model, the wing with the recent bad paint reaction, digital climate, footrests for when on cruise control, rear disc brakes, stainless rear exhaust, dab/6cd stereo.

On the ST150 it's between - the gearbox, cruise control, harsh ride, wheels, xenon headlights, climate control, the damn idle issues, the tiny boot, the lack of boot button on the boot, add a remap, one touch windows, the stone chips all over the front end.

Hmm, maybe I'm just too picky... [emoji23]

I've gotta say though, despite its boy racer looks and raspy exhaust, I haven't had anyone at all want to race it!! :sad:

Maybe that's due to the appearance. I have the same engine in my Titanium and have had to humiliate the odd 1 Series diesel and a diesel Mondeo that tried it on (probably expecting me to have a 1.6 or something).

As for what I'd change, on both of my Foci it would be the same thing. The handbrake! My one dislike of the Mk2 Focus is that Ford put it on the passenger side of the RHD models. Even the Hyundai Tucson that I hated so much got that right!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The fact that Ford still can't build a car with a rattle free interior...

• Like 1

Oh I've thought of another...  I would change the filler flaps to being on the same side for Focus and Fiesta...keep forgetting which is which at the petrol station! :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh I've thought of another...  I would change the filler flaps to being on the same side for Focus and Fiesta...keep forgetting which is which at the petrol station! :laugh: 

There's a tiny little arrow next to the picture of the pump on your filler gauge.  Surprises me though they're not on the same side, how odd?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

There's a tiny little arrow next to the picture of the pump on your filler gauge.  Surprises me though they're not on the same side, how odd?

Wow, can't believe I never knew or noticed that before!! :ohmy:

wm0oKsx.jpg

5aOfl9p.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't know about the arrow until March this year when my Dad was having his hand over on the Fiesta and it was pointed out, lol.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wow, can't believe I never knew or noticed that before!! :ohmy:

wm0oKsx.jpg

5aOfl9p.jpg

I've only known about it for a couple of years, and like Alex, it was when someone pointed it out.

Why is there a 3°C difference between the interiors of your Fiesta and Focus, if they're both parked up at the same place? :unsure:

Those are just the last dash pictures I took of each car lol, doubt it was the same day!  The Fiesta picture was a novelty to see 40mpg from an ST (trip back from the filling station), and the Focus picture was taken as a quick way to record miles and stated MPG for the MPG spreadsheet. :blush:

That's also external temp...as the black Focus is more like 150c interior temp sat in the sun, despite the rear privacy glass and heat reflective windscreen! :laugh: 

I was thinking how odd with your ST the speeds are raised as odds 10, 30, 50, etc, and mine are raised as evens 20, 40, 60, etc

Still 40mpg out of a ST is a real achievement, mines only about 35 at the moment and dropping :lol:

Lol, I'd never manage 40mpg over the tankful, that was literally just back from the petrol station! :lol:  Overall average has been 33MPG so far, not bad for an old 2.0 with 117k miles, I reckon you'll get more from a Mk7 once it's been run in a bit, especially as it's a daily so not getting thrashed all the time like mine does lol.

I'd never noticed there's no 0mph on the Mk6 clocks unless you said, that's probably why your big numbers are different.  Though it does make sense to have bigger odds as most of the time you're aiming for 30 or 70 limits.  I'd also like to know why the numbers are all wonky on there...why couldn't they make them all upright like the Focus lol! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Mine are upright :tongue:

Screenshot_20160816-122558.png

Out of blind curiosity what's the bhp on the 2l ST? I'm just wondering how high they're likely to take it for the mk8 whenever the ST (or RS!) Comes out

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

and stated MPG for the MPG spreadsheet

oh, I'm not the only one then to keep an mpg spreadsheet, and photographing it saves having the inevitable "looking for something to write the figures down on" at the petrol station.  When everyone behind you wonders why there's a delay in you moving off from the pump.

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's also external temp...as the black Focus is more like 150c interior temp sat in the sun, despite the rear privacy glass and heat reflective windscreen! :laugh: 

Of course it is, i had a  momentary lapse of concentration.:unsure:

Yes, my panther black focus with a black interior means that I have to open all the doors, for a good 20 minutes before using it, to encourage any wind to blow through before going anywhere when the sun is out.  Whilst my air con seems to work better than other Foci, it's a short while for oven temp to reduce to pleasantly cool and even longer for Brandy to feel it in the cargo bay

6 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Mine are upright :tongue:

Screenshot_20160816-122558.png

Out of blind curiosity what's the bhp on the 2l ST? I'm just wondering how high they're likely to take it for the mk8 whenever the ST (or RS!) Comes out

Ah, the new Fiesta dash is so much nicer than mine!! :biggrin: 

The 2.0 in the Mk6 ST is only 147bhp... :yawn:  My 1.6 TDCi has been stage 1 mapped to 140bhp with more torque. :laugh:  Of course the Focus is much heavier though so the Fez wins the power to weight ratio.

The 2.0 engine was easily capable of producing 165bhp(ish), it was restricted to 147bhp to get it into a lower insurance group to appeal to a younger audience.  And so that people would buy the Mountune upgrades - good bit of money-making by Ford there!

1 minute ago, GMX said:

oh, I'm not the only one then to keep an mpg spreadsheet, and photographing it saves having the inevitable "looking for something to write the figures down on" at the petrol station.  When everyone behind you wonders why there's a delay in you moving off from the pump.

Of course it is, i had a  momentary lapse of concentration.:unsure:

Yes, my panther black focus with a black interior means that I have to open all the doors, for a good 20 minutes before using it, to encourage any wind to blow through before going anywhere when the sun is out.  Whilst my air con seems to work better than other Foci, it's a short while for oven temp to reduce to pleasantly cool and even longer for Brandy to feel it in the cargo bay

Yep, I've always done brim to brim to check MPG but only started keeping the spreadsheet when I got the Focus 2 years ago.  I tend to photograph it and reset all parameters before filling up, so as not to annoy people when I get back in the car and spend 5 minutes messing about lol!

I like black cars but they really some extra heat reduction somehow!! :sad: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, I've always done brim to brim to check MPG but only started keeping the spreadsheet when I got the Focus 2 years ago.

I started in the Volvo phase and wrote it all down in A7 booklet that I kept in the glovebox.

It was only when I built a PC with the then "all new Windows 3.1" that I commenced a dedicated spreadsheet for each and every subsequent car. Which also co-incided with the start of the BMW phase and it's 10-14mpg range:laugh:

• Like 1

I would change my car so that it was a Mustang... Or just generally a fast Ford again. I miss them. The VRS is a real hoot to drive, and comfortable too. But it's just not a Ford.

• Like 1

I hate myself for saying this, but a lot of the time I wish my 405 was an automatic...  I have no problem driving a manual, but with a bad left knee and a lot of stop/start driving in my area it makes a manual quite painful in the long run!  That said, if I was going to change it to an automatic I'd also have to change it to the 2.0 petrol engine, so that would be two things... :unsure:

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 6:29 PM, laumk7 said:

If there was one thing about your current car you could change, what would it be?

Mine is its attractiveness to boy racer types who want me to race them everywhere, bizarrely I feel more confident to ignore them in this car as I've got nothing to prove, but ahhh ykwim 

If I had your car id make it look like a 1.2 petrol 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club