Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta zetec s 125 modifications and warranty

Bobbo -

looking at making some modifications to my Fiesta zetec s 125 - 2014 however i have the 3 year ext warranty when i purchased the car from the dealer and i dont want to void the warranty...

I would love to make the exhaust visible by changing it alltogether or using an exhaust tip/clip type thing as this shouldnt void the warranty but the stock exhaust makes this almost impossible to achive anyway..??

I would also like to swap out the speedo and rev counter etc as i dont find them that great and was wandering if anybody else had done anything simmilar??

• 2 weeks later...

Alright buddy, these forums seem to get more dead as time goes on but I'll try my best to help, currently have the 1.6 zs mk7 and I'm taking that on finance so I'm not aloud to do anything that voids warranty, however... I have😂 Firstly the exhaust clip will 100% not void the warranty as it is not a permanent change and can be removed, if anything had gone wrong with the car then it wouldn't effect it as all it is, is a clip on, I've gone for a custom exhaust with lifetime warranty so if anything happens with the exhaust I can go back to them and get it sorted, the speedo however I'm not 100% sure on but if you are changing them up as in adding more numbers etc you'd have to make sure it's wired correctly and this may effect the warranty as if you had altered the wiring, I may be wrong so if anyone can correct me then let me know but anything permanent on the car will take your warranty away for sure e.g. Remaps, exhaust and even lowering springs which I was surprised about! Wether as mods you can take off like bulbs and wind deflectors etc will not void warranty, I've done loads to mine and on finance but as I'm buying car out at the end I've just thought I'll get it the way I want before buying it! Hope this helps a little👍🏽

Just make sure it's ford approved before doing anything e.g. Mountune remaps are completely fine for your warranty as ford approve this wether as a bluefin remap will void it as it is not

On 16 August 2016 at 4:01 PM, Bobbo - said:

I would also like to swap out the speedo and rev counter etc as i dont find them that great and was wandering if anybody else had done anything simmilar??

You would probably find this very expensive as the instrument cluster has multiple ties to the ECU, beyond just displaying data. 

If you want to display additional engine information consider a plug-in bluetooth or wifi OBDII/OBD2 adaptor and a dedicated display unit or using a smartphone app. I purchased a cheap one off eBay that works fine. 

On 27/08/2016 at 4:08 AM, ThaiFiesta said:

You would probably find this very expensive as the instrument cluster has multiple ties to the ECU, beyond just displaying data. 

If you want to display additional engine information consider a plug-in Bluetooth or wifi OBDII/OBD2 adaptor and a dedicated display unit or using a smartphone app. I purchased a cheap one off eBay that works fine. 

Agreed its way to complex to go changing displays these days as they are usually integrated into the car security system among other things.

I use this app  Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)

It has to be used in conjunction with a bluetooth OBD reader

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goliton®-Bluetooth-Compatible-Android-Support/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1472940910&sr=1-6&keywords=bluetooth+obd+reader

• 1 year later...

Hi This is my new zetec s 1.25 whichi also got on finance  and have warranty. Ive upped the horsepower already by 24 so im now 149 by using racechip. The good thing is when i want to make the car go back to standard for when an mot is coming up i just unplug the chip and apparently they wont tell the difference. Check out racechip.co.uk

thumbnail_file.jpg