Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blower has stopped working altogether

Deano

Hi all,

I have a Mondeo 2.0 DDi on a 52 plate.

A couple of months ago the blower stopped working on positions 1,2,3 but worked fine on 4. Found out about the heater resistor and replaced it, with a second hand one, Everything worked fine for a couple of months.

A couple of days ago the whole lot stopped working even on position 4, so i had a bit of a read up and found out that sometimes the blower doesn't work when the resistor goes, so i thought i'll just buy a brand new one, £10 from ford. replaced it and the blowers still don't work on any setting.

The only thing i think it could be is the motor itself, Just found a blower motor on eBay for £30 so i have brought it anyway. dosen't seem like it could be the switch on the console, and when i move it to a setting it sort of makes a very quite buzzing noise for a second from around the dash, and when the engine is running the revs dip a bit as though power is being sent to the motor, but nothing is happening. Everything points to the motor.

A few things to point out, before it all stopped the blower started making a few squealing noises when first switched on, i just assumed it was a squeaky motor. Also AFTER it all stopped working and i replaced the resistor, i noticed it gets very hot where the plug connects to the motor itself. so i make sure i don't leave it on.

Any views from anybody on this? are the motors common to fail? could i have missed something? the fuse was the first thing i checked as soon as it stopped working.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club