Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Probably a daft) question about sat nav

JoMc

Hey all - newbie here!

I've got a lovely 2013 Mondeo with a built-in, touch screen, Ford sat nav, and I want to buy an updated sd card. Local dealership saying I can only use a Ford one at £243-odd. Question is, can I buy a tomtom one and use that?

Thanks in advance!

You can buy an SD-card from tomtom but it needs to be the correct type for your vehicle.

The Ford SatNav systems use maps that are based on TeleAtlas base maps. TeleAtlas is currently owned by tomtom so tomtom also sells SD-cards for most Ford SatNav systems. The only difference between the original Ford SD card and the TomTom SD-card is the label on the card.

Note that you can also buy an original SD-card from a Ford dealer outside the UK. Dutch Ford dealers for example sell the original SD-card  (western Europe and Turkey) for a fixed price of €99,-. Some dealers even sell them for €89,-. This is a lot cheaper than an SD-card from TomTom.

• Like 1

would it need to be programed in then Stoney?

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/mondeo/2010/infotainment/navigation?intcmp=other:acc:pdp:prod-list-view::select-product-group#

various versions depending on sat nav . 

53 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Buy a F5 chip off ebay for about £40.

Sent from my SM-G930F

not to sure on f5 on a 2013 mondeo? 

So how do I find out which model card for my vehicle? The dealer gave me a number but it's (I think) their catalogue(?) number rather than a model number.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club