Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 passenger door rattle?!

Fraser.

Hi guys.

Has anybody else found that when playing music (particularly anything that has a pronounced kick drum like house/trance) that the passenger door rattles?

I've had a good listen and it seems to be the piece of plastic that makes up the door pocket that's rattling, when I hold it or press it the rattling/vibration stops. It's only the passenger side what does this and it's driving me insane! Now that I've heard it I'm constantly listening out for it. It isn't just doing it when I have the music on really loud either, volume 10 is ususally enough to start it!

A trip to the dealers may be on the cards, will they even bother looking at a rattle though? I suppose it's all down to the dealer really.

On a lighter note the stereo is rather good (I have all 6 Speakers so don't know how much of a difference that makes)! Probably one of the best I've heard for a standard car (especially in this price range), better than my friends mk5 Golf, my mums mk7 Polo, which is soon to be replaced with a new Polo so that will be an interesting comparrison to the Fiesta, and not far off the Mark Levinson in my dads lexus. I've read a few people saying the bass reproduction isn't that good but I find it decent considering the fronts are only 5" components.

Has anybody bought the pioneer upgrades? If so what's your opinion on them, do they make a big difference over standard running off the stock head unit?

I thought originally that my passenger door was rattling but the garage found nothing. Later I realised it was actually the trim surrounding that very small window to the left of the dashboard. A differnt Ford garage replaced the clips and it has been fine since.

I thought originally that my passenger door was rattling but the garage found nothing. Later I realised it was actually the trim surrounding that very small window to the left of the dashboard. A differnt Ford garage replaced the clips and it has been fine since.

I had the exact same problem - I was convinced the noise was coming from the door panel, but it turned out to be the same bit of plastic T55 mentioned, (the one around the small triangular-shaped window, which was vibrating against the side of the dashboard). A couple of well-hidden pieces of cardboard tucked in between them solved the problem.

While I'm on the subject, I mentioned in another thread recently about a squeaking noise coming from the back of the car. I eventually found out that it was the rear seat afterall, (the catch where the back of the seat locks into position). I am temporarily driving with the seat 'unlocked' into position - in other words, just resting the back of the seat against the housing, until I get time to sort it out properly. (But at least now the squeak has gone).

Apart from cardboard packing coming in handy, I've also discovered that pieces of plumber's 'pipe insulation foam' also works wonders if you've got larger gaps to plug.

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

That are common problems, and can be solved easily:

Adjust the hight of the bracket (move it up a little bit)

tilmplni.jpg

As for the loose a-pillar: I put a small plastic piece upon the clip which had too much play.

am3v54ql.jpg

greetings :)

It's sad to hear the Mk7 Fiesta has these types of problems. Will Ford ever make a car that doesn't rattle? My '08 Ka (old shape) has had noises caused by the rear seat catches, dashboard rattles, and some more minor noises caused by the door trim. Most of the time its fine, but as soon as its on uneven, rough or bumpy road, there are lots of rattles. Already had it fixed once by the dealer, and it took a lot of complaining to get them to do it under warranty. I think I am going to end up attempting to fix most the problems myself.

i used to get a noise from the back ,but dont seem to get that now , my only problem is i sometimes get the rattles from the plastic A pillar either side , is that second picture to do with this?

thanks

i used to get a noise from the back ,but dont seem to get that now , my only problem is i sometimes get the rattles from the plastic A pillar either side , is that second picture to do with this?

thanks

Yes, just pull back the rubber seal.

At least in my case this one loose clip caused the problem.

Hi guys.

Has anybody else found that when playing music (particularly anything that has a pronounced kick drum like house/trance) that the passenger door rattles?

Ive got exactly the same problem. It has got gradually worse since owning the car. When i have music with moderate bass, every door panel vibrates, its incredibly annoying!! Im getting the dealer to sort it when it is in for its first service next week. Knowing my dealer though, they will probably say they cant find a fault <_<

Yes, just pull back the rubber seal.

At least in my case this one loose clip caused the problem.

thanks i will try that

My door card vibrates too with heavy bass. The drivers side also does it now and again but you'll have to fix it yourself because I'm guessing all fiestas are the same from the factory and a dealer won't fix what isn't brocken. I can't even see how the door card is held on?

On a side note I would also like to add I am seriously impressed with the stereo and I see no need to change it really because it's all under warranty and saves having extra weight of amps and subs in the car which in turn affect handling and fuel economy etc.

Cool thanks mate, looking at it, it does look like as I figured no support behind the part that rattles so it's a DIY fix needed. I'll have a go at some point if I get round to it as it's not overly bad.

When it comes to rattles in cars i used to be a total geek trying to stop them all, i found that in the end Blu Tac was my best friend ;)

When it comes to rattles in cars i used to be a total geek trying to stop them all, i found that in the end Blu Tac was my best friend ;)

If the dealer cant sort the rattles, i will have to resort to the blue tak. A whole pack will be needed at this rate :lol: I feel that I shouldnt be needing to be doing running repairs to a car that lists for over £17k!

i used a whole pack once on an astra california that i had, the whole thing used to creak and rattle at every point where the trim touched metal, drove me crazy

That are common problems, and can be solved easily:

Adjust the hight of the bracket (move it up a little bit)

tilmplni.jpg

greetings :)

Many thanks for that, TyreFryer. :) And I appreciate the photos. I'll adjust the bracket as soon as I get the chance, and hopefully that will do the trick.

Cheers,

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club