Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new Focus

PaRsOnIsPhErE

Hi guys and gals,

Below are some photos of my new Focus, always wanted one and now I have one. There's also a photo of the Red LED's I've put in footwell and front roof light (map light??). I'm not a mechanic, but i'll give most things a go. (Currently modding a Ford Puma into a road rally car with a mate (i'm the nav), who's a mechanic, so am learning a lot there)

Can't quite see but I've vinyl wrapped some trim as well, not much though, just the steering wheel and silver trim around gearstick. It's a solid red colour and i'm not sure. Ordered in some Red Carbon Fibre vinyl to try. Anybody wrapped trim in a red colour and got some photos??

Got a couple of questions aswell which I can't seem to find the answer for when using search or googling it.

Firstly the red footwell lights just use the standard mount and bulb holders with LED Bulbs in at the moment. Looking to fit an LED strip instead as it's brighter (or move the holder to a more central position and see how it looks) and am wandering if the wiring for the standard footwell lighting is sufficient enough to use for say a 15 - 30cm LED strip, or even if the wiring is even suitable to be soldered to an LED strip. Not keen on taking too much trim out and hard wiring things in to the fuse box, or door lights etc only 3 days into ownership.

Secondly also looking to colour or hydrodip the front grill, anybody got any experience, or have done this and have a photo?? Just thinking it'd be a shame to add all this colour and light inside for none of it too stem to the outside.

Any other simple mods, hacks, ideas, links, guides, tips or hints greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for replying!

WP_20160815_006.jpg

WP_20160816_010.jpg

Just a quick photo, of some wrapping I've done. It was more practice as I've never wrapped car trim before, but I like how it looks, just not keen on the solid red. Have ordered in some Red carbon fibre style vinyl and hoping it'll look better. Going to re-do the trim in the photo then move onto stereo surround, door ashtray / button control trims and then maybe heater window trims.

Also ordered in LED strips and wiring. Anybody got any tips on best places to place LED's?? Going to take out current foot well bulb, extend wiring loom and solder in LED's for foot wells, then extend from that loom for puddle lights on doors, so there'll be two lots of LED strips running from each foot well loom. Also been talking to a mate about changing the boot light to a strip using the current lighting loom and then extending that also to have a second strip the other side, thoughts??

WP_20160816_011.jpg

• Like 1

Changed all the wrap to Carbon Fibre pattern, just waiting on LED strip to arrive so I can start soldering! Looking at maybe spraying the grill or wrapping wing mirrors next, any thoughts??

WP_20160823_001.jpg

WP_20160824_011.jpg

• Like 1

not sure on the red wrap personally

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Ford_Man!!

I'm starting to feel unsure as well now... The carbon wrap looks much better than the solid red, but still think it might be too much. If it doesn't work I can just peel it off, best thing about vinyl wrap.

Any opinions on colour or pattern maybe?? New to all this stuff.

Nothing wrong with the wrap, It's just the colour. I would have tried the natural look of black carbon myself.

That natural carbon does look good Dee_82, I might get a sample of some and give it a try.

Just looking to 'spruce' up the interior, as silver and dull grey isn't really my thing.

I also finished earlier, soldering in some LED strips into the boot as the standard bulb is like 'ohh there's a bulb here, who knew'.

I'll take some photos when it gets dark!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been doing a bit of work here and there. Been wrapping bits of exterior trim in natural carbon, and then just little things on the interior. I had wrapped my wing mirrors but the rain 5 mins after I finished played havoc with it... Also fitted LED rear tail lights, but can't get a decent photo of them, just comes up as a sea of red / orange in the photo.

Testing headlight eyebrows with electrical tape as well, and will be using carbon wrap to make the finished product.

I've stuck with the red carbon wrap for the interior for the time being... as i'm too lazy to change it!

Any suggestions / advice / tips is all much appreciated, thanks all.

20160921_191239.jpg

20160925_193416.jpg

IMG-20160923-WA0011.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words! Was hoping to post pics of my headlight eyebrows today, but I don't think it's going to stop raining...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, been busy doing some more wrapping on my Focus. Have done the door pillars and have had a go at doing headlight eyebrows.

The eyebrows have turned out great and the door pillars look good also, unless you take a closer inspection at the edges...

What do you all think?? Thoughts, advice, tips welcome!

Thanks!

20161005_115106_small.jpg

20161005_130553_small.jpg

20161005_130619_small.jpg

20161010_124121_small.jpg

20161010_124214_small.jpg

20161010_124223_small.jpg

• Like 2

Yep i actullay like the door pillers wraped i like subtle. Good job👍

Thanks mikeyd for the kind words! Have got a load of that red carbon left over, but it's just too in your face. As you said, couldn't agree more, subtle!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I've taken on board what a lot of you have posted and changed the wrap from Red to Black. At the same time I've changed the lighting from Red to Ice Blue, to give off a bit more colour and visibility inside. To be honest it was looking a bit 'red light district' before..., again any advice etc much appreciated, as with the carbon wrap the black looks so much better, and less 'garish'. I'm also trying some blue trim tubing, I quite like it, but afraid it will look too 'over board' if much of it is used.

I've also changed the rear LED strips in the boot and placed onto the parcel shelf to give the boot more light. I've crimped in bullet connectors so the lights can be easily disconnected and the parcel shelf removed, when I need to load in bike etc, but they can be a bit stiff and awkward to pull apart. Anybody got any ideas or know of some connection I could use instead?? Preferably one where both wires feed into one connection rather than being separate.

Thanks for reading and commenting all, it is much appreciated!

20161114_132920 small.jpg

20161114_133820 small.jpg

20161114_184433 small.jpg

20161114_184526 small.jpg

• Like 1

loving the carbon wrap door pillars  where they hard to wrap? the focus is coming along great. I would look for a set of head lights with the black back ground would make a difference to the front end

• Like 1

Hi b4zz, thanks for the comments! Didn't think of getting black background headlights! I am now. Was looking at angel eye ones but they're like £250!!!

Regarding door pillars, piece of pi$$. Just wrapped with the door pillar trim still attached. Just go over a few times and make sure it's tight. I've acquired a small bubble, i'll take a photo and post later. It'll be easy to fix, but wish I didn't have too. Another tip, if wrapping with the trim still in place, take window rubber seals out, I sliced through a couple of mine by accident : (... at least when you put the seals back in, it'll seal against the wrap overlap, and stop it peeling.

Next job, find new headlights :P and wire in puddle lights!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club