Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer jets leaking and boot in need of help

madman

Hello 

I had seized plugs and found that my washer jets are leaking and dripping onto the plugs and battery near coil pack. 

My washer jets are heated as I see a wire on back. 

How did the ford focus owners fixed this washer jet problem?. 

I brought some black silicone removed jets and applied some to jets and fixed back to bonnet and going test later if leak fixed, anyway i thought now I have silicone I could sort out my boot leak which I've had for 8 months since owning the car. 

Where is the boot leak coming from?. The water is coming down the right had carpet looking at car from back but between the wheel arch and boot opening

Thank you to all

Remove them and put a little silicon sealant around the bonnet apertures, reseat the washer jets then clean off any excess silicon. If need be, also put some silicon on the underside of the jets under the bonnet. 

• Like 1

Thanks Russ I updated post with washer leak,  

Anyone Any ideas bout boot leak

Can you use any silicone for leaks on cars,  seen black, white clear colours and bathroom, shower,  sanitary, roof and gutters, general purpose. 

Do they all do same job?. 

Previously it's been recommended on this forum for the washers use Di-electric Grease AKA Silicone Grease. Can also use it on your ignition leads in the future. 

Link for it in Maplin. Might get it cheaper elsewhere.

Boot leak. Could be light clusters, spoiler bolt holes, the airflow flaps above the wheel arches - only accessible fafter removing the bumper. The roof rack strips leak as well. Get a hose pipe and a mate with you in a stripped out boot to find the leak or take everything out and seal it up with silicone sealant.

Washer jets now fixed poured couple kettles over no leak and it poured down rain no leak.  I used black silicone for bathroom showers, basins, baths it was only couple quid.  

Is that stuff ok?

• Like 1

Yep that works a treat, did the same on my mk6 fiesta & it never leaked again.