Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally getting somewhere with focus. Help still needed.

ZetecShearer1987

Hi guys

im still having issues with my 1.6 ecoboost focus mk3. 

The main dealer can't feel the misfire and shivering at idle and low rpm.

no fault codes have been thrown up.

i had a chap the other night who used to work at ford and has all the equipment to check my vehicle, he found 2 Anomalies which he needed to look into further. 

First issues was with the camshaft intake, the data ford set states that my car should be at 0 percent at idle and mine was reading minus 28 percent at idle which is way off, I'm not quite sure what this is measuring but I'll assume it's oxygen.

second one was to do with the voltage of the throttle under accelerating. The figures stated my car should be at 2v and mine was reading 4.5v which is to high, once again this might be related to the throttle position

And one final reading was the fuel adaption which was showing minus 7.2 at idle.

im waiting for the chap to get back to me but anyone got any advice on these figures.

Hope u get it sorted mate nothing worse than ur car playing up and ur dealer sais there is nothing wrong

Could the camshaft intake be a measure of the camshaft timing? If so then the huge discrepancy in that value could well explain why it's so unstable at low rpm. That could indicate a problem with the variable valve timing system. It might also be giving rise to the other anomalous values as the ECU tries to stabilise the idle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club