Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running with the MAF disconnected

pragmatix

Car is a 2007 2ltr tdci estate 180k on the clock

I have a rough running problem which I've traced to the MAF, if I disconnect it the car runs fine, if I carry on running with it disconnected will it do any damage? Bit short of cash till next week but need to travel, also the external temp sensor has gone according to it its -40c,  secondhand one on the way so not a worry at least if that's disconnected the temp is 0c buggers up the air con though.

Just changed the MAF for a new one and rough running has come back, unplug and it runs fine, I'm suspect ne MAF may be duff, does anyone know the reading I should get of the various pins

Now sorted 2 duff  brand new MAF's later 3rd time lucky, moral of this story don't buy cheap MAF's, in all fairness Eurocarparts where very good about it and as they didn't have any more of the cheap ones in stock gave me a much better one for the original price,  result, alls now well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, did you find out an answer to this? I'm having trouble with mine, goes into limp mode at 3k rpm but disappears with maf disconnected. Got a long trip tomorrow and won't get a new one in time if that's what's faulty

I did about 350 miles with the MAF disconnected and all was well, didn't notice much difference to be honest, fuel consumption may have been up but hard to tell due to road conditions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club