Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reporting back!

GaryPL

Well... I have had my Titanium X for a few days now and whilst I definitely like the car, there are some niggles and bits getting on my nerves!

The bad...

1. There is an annoying buzzing noise coming from over my right shoulder at motorway speed, particularly when I am on rougher road surfaces.  I put my elbow up against the window and the B-pillar and about 2/3 of the way up he window it stopped this buzzing noise.  So some hunting is needed, especially as I drove 130 miles today and it drove me mad after 10 of them!

2. The parcel shelf rattles.

3. There is another rattle in the car that I keep missing because I am deaf in my left ear due to an infection.

4. The car absolutely hates hill starts. To the point it seems to struggle on even the slightest incline, be it in reverse or first gear. It also seems to hesitate slightly when starting on the flat.  I hope this is just a quirk of the car and the 3-cylinder engine, and nothing more serious.

5. Steering wheel feels like it needs to go a little higher and/or the driver's seat a little lower.  The windscreen wiper line is just about in my line of sight and it's annoying.  The steering wheel also feels like it is in my lap.  I could sit very low and have the steering wheel very high by comparison in my Corsa.

6. It's apparently very easily stolen, which is why I have disabled the diagnostic port.

The good...

1. It's a fun car to drive. Very chuckable and it rides a lot nicer than my Corsa which crashed over bumps of any height or severity.

2. Cruises beautifully on the motorway, save for the rattle comment.

3. The stereo is very good.

4. I like the vast number of toys it has on it and once you fathom the unfathomable stereo controls, you're laughing.

5. The keyless entry is surprisingly useful, save for the comment above about 'stealability'.

On the whole, I am very happy. I will however be starting to attack the niggles where possible :)

I used to (until last week) have a TX, I didn't get any of the rattles you mention :unsure:, if the car is brand new it's worth reporting these at the 12-16 week check up.

5 and 6 I can answer though,  for the steering wheel there's a lever underneath to adjust the reach and rake to your choosing, for the desirability,  it's not as desirable as my new car but it is still quite desirable if that makes sense. I suggest you invest in something like a disklok (size small) as a visual deterent as well as what you've done with the obd port

37 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

4. The car absolutely hates hill starts. To the point it seems to struggle on even the slightest incline, be it in reverse or first gear. It also seems to hesitate slightly when starting on the flat.  I hope this is just a quirk of the car and the 3-cylinder engine, and nothing more serious.

I'm guessing that this is the "hill start assist". I don't like it, it feels like it holds me back when I'm trying to pull away on a gradient. Try turning it off through SYNC.

1 hour ago, Dan P said:

I'm guessing that this is the "hill start assist". I don't like it, it feels like it holds me back when I'm trying to pull away on a gradient. Try turning it off through SYNC.

Yeah the the hill start assist will hold the brakes on for an extra 2.5 seconds to prevent rolling back, it's good when someone is trying to get in your boot but otherwise can get annoying so follow Dan's instructions to turn it off.

hill start only works if using the foot brake to hold the vehicle in place on a hill. if using the hand brake it will not activate. i find it vary useful it releases the foot brake as soon as you find the bite poin but it does take a bit of getting used to if you try and race it off the line it can hold slightly too long but generally works well.

• Like 1

I had the hill start assist issue when trying to reverse up a hill (guy in front parked too close) from stopped. You either have to give it more revs,  or use the handbrake to hold you while you get to bite 

22 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I used to (until last week) have a TX, I didn't get any of the rattles you mention :unsure:, if the car is brand new it's worth reporting these at the 12-16 week check up.

5 and 6 I can answer though,  for the steering wheel there's a lever underneath to adjust the reach and rake to your choosing, for the desirability,  it's not as desirable as my new car but it is still quite desirable if that makes sense. I suggest you invest in something like a disklok (size small) as a visual deterent as well as what you've done with the obd port

It's a few months old. Ford Direct Car. The driver's seat is at its lowest point and the steering wheel is at its highest. I guess I just have to get used to this car's seating position.  The problem is, I am fairly tall and all my height is in my upper body (6ft tall and only 28in legs!).  Having short legs means I sit closer, but having my upper body as long as it is means I sit very high.  Ah well.

Thanks for the disklok suggestion though :)

21 hours ago, Dan P said:

Thanks. Definitely not the hill start assist.  I have had this function on a couple of cars and am very familiar with it.  It feels like the clutch is hesitating if anything and it's doing it both in 1st gear and reverse.  I only noticed it as my parking bay at home has the the boundaries marked by different colour bricks, some of which are raised.  I park right over to the side so the idiot next door doesn't ding my car and so I have to drive over one of the bricks. It's only about half an inch high but it's enough to trouble the car!  So I tried it out on minor inclines and the car has the same difficulties.  I'll try and get a video.

Thanks all :)

What were you expecting from a top end Ford - build quality?

On 8/19/2016 at 7:18 AM, m1tch said:

What were you expecting from a top end Ford - build quality?

Is it unreasonable to expect this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club