Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D.I.Y or Dealer service

TomGB

My 07 Fiesta 90k miles. All services since new have been at a Ford dealership apart from one time at a garage. It's due a service now And I'm trying to decide whether to pay Ford for an oil change and a stamp for £125 (i think) or do it myself. 

Will a dealership service outweigh a D.I,Y service when coming to sell?

12 minutes ago, TomGB said:

My 07 Fiesta 90k miles. All services since new have been at a Ford dealership apart from one time at a garage. It's due a service now And I'm trying to decide whether to pay Ford for an oil change and a stamp for £125 (i think) or do it myself. 

Depends if you sell it privately, it might give the new buyer some piece of mind. Won't matter if you trade it in, they'll give you the least they can. When I traded my fiesta mk6 in (2004 model) I was given the 'book price' and once I'd agreed they then asked about service history. 

If you do it yourself, keep all receipts and you can write in the service manual the date/mileage etc. Fifth gear ran an article a while back on servicing your car at home.

Depends if you sell it privately, it might give the new buyer some piece of mind. Won't matter if you trade it in, they'll give you the least they can. When I traded my fiesta mk6 in (2004 model) I was given the 'book price' and once I'd agreed they then asked about service history. 

If you do it yourself, keep all receipts and you can write in the service manual the date/mileage etc. Fifth gear ran an article a while back on servicing your car at home.

^^^^ good advice, just do what the service schedule says with good parts and fluids.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

If you have a good local independent that you trust maybe try using that. Just supply the genuine parts and Castrol oil every 6 months or year (depending on your service schedule and engine/mileage). They have all the equipment and do a good job with minimum hassle and it should be at least half the price of main dealer including all parts and labour. Any they'll stamp your book too.

To be honest a 2007 car would be economically a bit wrong to go to a main dealer, better off doing it yourself or using a good local independent (less hassle than doing it yourself and sometimes more cost effective too assuming you don't have the necessary equipment and tools).  

Wouldn't worry too much about the resale value as a garage will shaft everyone with as low an offer as possible anyway when it comes to trade in. So keep the car as long as you can if your servicing it regular and its running ok.

• Like 1

I would go with a independent Garage with ford parts,when i had my car the person who had it new went to a independent local Garage and i rang them before

i even had the car just to check up,i have ford now as its a local 20mins walk for me,i don't think these days a stamp from a ford dealer to a good independent

one makes a lot of different as long as its done right.

I use private garage better price last year Evans Halsham rang me wadi interest in there service this year told them I my own garage they said they would match the price so how much are dealers making 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club